Hibiscus Dying?

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

Arnold_8
City: Albany
Gardening Interests: Planting

Re: Hibiscus Dying?

Post by Arnold_8 »

Thanks for the post!
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

I can actually pretty much guarantee it's

- too much phosphorus (hibiscus not like it and you're probably feeding NPK to the nearby plants which is effecting the hibiscus also). Hibiscus tend to store phosphorus and then cannot get enough nutrients.

- too little potassium. Hibiscus are hungry plants and live potasium. But potash from a store (like Chanandin in Lahore)

- too little iron. Supply iron and it will be able to take in nutrients better and perk up.

- aphids and other pests. Spray Aceta Meprid twice a week for 2 weeks.

It's either one of the above or a combination. You can determine the issue now.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Also never let the hibiscus dry out. They need consistent moisture but not wet feet.
S.Ahmed
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Amateur gardener,Fragrant plants,Flowering Plants,Vegetables,Coconuts

Post by S.Ahmed »

hnasir wrote:Underwatering perhaps?

Ferrous sulphate at jodia bazaar.
aykhan wrote: - too little potassium. Hibiscus are hungry plants and live potasium. But potash from a store (like Chanandin in Lahore)

- too little iron. Supply iron and it will be able to take in nutrients better and perk up.

-Not feeding NPK, just bought NPK for first time when I went to search for Ferrous sulphate at jodia bazaar Karachi but was unable to find it from any shop there. Also bought Urea,DAP,Magnesium Sulphate(Epsom Salt) and Elemental Sulphur. Also had read about Potassium sulphate and Ammonium Sulphate in different topics but was unable to find them either. So should I buy potassium separately?
Mustansir Billah
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

S.Ahmed wrote:
hnasir wrote:Underwatering perhaps?

Ferrous sulphate at jodia bazaar.
aykhan wrote: - too little potassium. Hibiscus are hungry plants and live potasium. But potash from a store (like Chanandin in Lahore)

-Not feeding NPK, just bought NPK for first time when I went to search for Ferrous sulphate at jodia bazaar Karachi but was unable to find it from any shop there. Also bought Urea,DAP,Magnesium Sulphate(Epsom Salt) and Elemental Sulphur. Also had read about Potassium sulphate and Ammonium Sulphate in different topics but was unable to find them either. So should I buy potassium separately?
The Shop keepers would not have given them to you because My Father recently bought Ferrous sulphate, Magnesium Sulphate and Patassium Sulphate from Jodia bazaar.
S.Ahmed
Gardening Interests: Amateur gardener,Fragrant plants,Flowering Plants,Vegetables,Coconuts

Post by S.Ahmed »

Hmm,well I will try searching them again. Are these hazardous chemicals? and also if possible can you kindly ask your father about shop's name where he had bought it from.

Shopkeeper from which I bought other chemicals said that they were importing ferrous sulphate but prices suddenly doubled recently so they haven't imported it for time being .
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Potash is good and off and on dosing with iron is beneficial also. Have a spraying regimen with Aceta Meprid also. Keep moist. DO NOT USE DAP, you will kill them. Micronutrients are fine like magnesium. Sulphur also good since will keep the soil acidic which hibiscus prefer, but regular low dose iron will do the same.

Return to “Questions and Problems”