adenium growth

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

mahira
City: karachi

adenium growth

Post by mahira »

Assalam o alaikum all
i need some tips to enhance the branching of adenium plants.. i see so many adenium plants around me n in nursery .. they all branch so beautifully .. even some plants that are just growing by road side have amazing shapes.. but my plant which is in a pot just grows straight.. :cry: it's stalk has become so long with a few leaves only at tips n ocassional flowers n there is no sign of branching.. pls let me know how to enhance branching .. thanks alot :)
Muhammad Bilal
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Re: adenium growth

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

Mahira prune your plant. Cut the terminal bud, it will encourage to sprout side axillary branches. It helps the plant to bushy look. Plant energy goes to terminal stem first, Plants naturally put their energy into growing tall stems, pinching terminal buds make the plant bushy.
Learn & Share
mahira
City: karachi

Post by mahira »

thankyou so much. i'll try to do this.. it's really very disheartening to cut growing plants :)
Muhammad Bilal
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

Yea Mahira, though it is unpleasant to cut the plants stems but Pinching out or pruning plant is the technique used in agriculture to make plant more bushy and healthy look.
Learn & Share

Return to “Questions and Problems”