Too few Roses

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

arshee
City: Buner
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and flowering plants

Too few Roses

Post by arshee »

Hi everyone.

I have an issue in my garden. I have many rose plants, but only few are producing enough flowers. Most of them have plenty of foliage but either produce flower which cannot open and starts withering in closed state or don't produce at all.

Here is one such:

Also how to identify sucker branches and best/safe way to remove them?
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Too few Roses

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Pleasure of few days and headache of a year around for those not living in colder areas.
arshee
City: Buner
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and flowering plants

Post by arshee »

Thanks Arif sahb!
I am living in Buner and temperature is not that hostile. Here is another plant, producing plenty of flowers in same garden.

Nothing special done to this plant, probably its type of rose that matters!

Any clue what to do with the rest?
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Your pink flowered rose plant is seems to be attacked by thrips. You can spray Byers Confidor to get rid of thrips and asphids.
Rafique
Muhammad Bilal
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

I saw this problem in my office rose plants as well. Still eager to know the real causes of this problem.

The symptoms are looks like blight fungus problem on flowering buds.
Learn & Share
sage
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: I like gardening. am a beginner but i want learn abt gardening by joing this forum.

Post by sage »

i am facing the same problem with my pink colored rose...the foilge and ovrall health of plant is okay...i water it regularly n it produces bud. But buds do not open properly infacy they wither away before forming proper bloom.
i guess its the temperature issue since now a days temperatire is high in lahore. i had experienced the same problem with pink rose last year..i hav planted this rose in ground in direct sunlight. Now i regret fr blocking the space and not getting the desired results....
sage
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: I like gardening. am a beginner but i want learn abt gardening by joing this forum.

Post by sage »

i guess temperture has hrsh effects on the overall plant...in low temp roses hav more bright n dark shades as compared to high temperture. this spring i trsplanted newly bought roses in pots instead of ground....now as the sun is getting furious i hav transferred them in relativly shahded place...so far blooms&buds are working well and surviving with beutiful roses..
i think desi roses are more heat tolerant so i will plant desi rose in ground in direct sunlight.
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Sage sb. your problem is for sure due to blistering heat.

Return to “Questions and Problems”