camellia

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

rabia
City: gujranwala
Gardening Interests: Flowering bulbs,Succulents and Cacti,Kitchen gardening,Seasonal flowers ...etc

Re: camellia

Post by rabia »

Beautiful flowers Morina...the pink one is the best :) :) :) ...I wish I had it :)
Morina
City: Center

Post by Morina »

Thank you, Rabia, the anemoniform is also my favorite flower.
Do you think that you are in the right climate for growing camellias ? In America (California, Florida ...) I think, there can grow very well, so if your climate is the same, you can go for it. :)
Today it seems that you have 12°C and a rainy weather for the coming week - that's exactly what camellias like! .... if the showers are not too strong, but that you could arrange for the plant.

Here another anemoneflowering camellia, a little bit darker.
Attachments
Leonardo_da_vinci.jpg
Morina
City: Center

Post by Morina »

Hello to all,

if there are camellias growing in Pakistan, I want so much see what kind fo varieties there are. Any pictures ?
rabia
City: gujranwala
Gardening Interests: Flowering bulbs,Succulents and Cacti,Kitchen gardening,Seasonal flowers ...etc

Post by rabia »

Hi Morina
No I dont think anybody is growing it in Pakistan,according to my limited knowledge.Our climate is not suitable for that.We have some rainy spells ,quite strong ones, but most of the time we have dry weather so... :( .
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Morina wrote:Yes, from my house garden, will say they are always in containers because they are too young to plant out.
Being such beautiful flowers( on plants in containers), it is worthwhile trying, by a rather avid gardener -many on the Forum.With containers, it should not be difficult to create the requisite environment artificially.Would someone with the required wherewithal like to give it a try??
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

I was visiting Orlando, Florida in January and took the time out to visit Harry P Leu Gardens. They have an amazing camellia garden or rather forest and they were all blooming! I immediately thought to myself if they can bloom in Orlando then I should definitely give it a shot in Lahore and for sure they should do well in Karachi! I think only the initial time when the tree is getting established will be tough but then it should be alright. I can't say I can predict the floweringon our climate though. Orlando, FL I think is Zone 9b so winter should not too tough for the but May and June they will need protection from the heat, but probably not in Karachi?
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

okay... now where to get it ?? :mrgreen:
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Hehehe....I was hoping the folks in Karachi would be able to help ;)
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

The annual flower exhibition is near, lets see if i can find it there...
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Wondering which camellias will do best here.....japonica?

Return to “Questions and Problems”