Iris Bulbs

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Re: Iris Bulbs

Post by KBW »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:So its a green signal to plant some Dutch Iris in clumps.if they are great success at Lahore then i can try it at Mardan.mikhurram thanks for so much useful information.
Umar bhai, just forgot to mention in my post that my experince of dutch iris was in Abbotabad, not Lahore. But I think they should do well in Mardan. Excellent drainage is very important. :)
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

The soil in NWFP is more fertile and the climate more favourable for Dutch and other irises. The best time to plant these bulbs is around September/October. At this time putting them in a pot would be of no use as they are not going to flower till end february or beginning of March 2014. These bulbs do not require any major effort to grow. One has to keep the weeds out after every 3-4 months.
dutch.jpg
. The leaves tend to die automatically at the end of April and bulbs start emerging on their own around November. One has to be careful while taking out the weeds as heaving digging should be avoided. Dutch Iris i believe has been overlooked by many thinking that our climate is not favourable. My experience has been the opposite. The picture attached was taken today.
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

thank you Khurram for all the information that you share so far its so kind of you ;) I will try them as I already have the bulbs with me, I will plant them in Sep/Oct according to your suggestion and Wait for the results and InshAllah will update you all

Many thanks again
kind regards
Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Thats encouraging :) thanks for sharing..
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Some more pictures of Dutch Irises.
Attachments
Dutch.jpg
Dutch_Iris.jpg
DutchIris-vase.jpg
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Khurram, Are these newly purchased bulbs or old one, if so since when are they flowering every year.
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

Sir i purchased around 100 bulbs back in 2007 or 2008 which which were planted in this bed having a good drainage. Ever since then they have been sprouting on a regular basis and have also multiplied. The key is to plant thm a soil bed with good drainage and keeping that area strictly reserved for them like Gerberas. Weeds can be pulled out after every 2 to 3 months without resorting to heaving digging. I have never applied any fertilizer or disturb the bulbs. After flowering the leaves tend to die down on their own and bulbs start conserving their energy for growth in autumn or i suspect that new bulbs are formed from flower seeds.

The soil bed should preferably be located where sunlight is available from morning till 11 or 12-am and shade during the afternoon to prevent them from the scorching summer heat.

I would recommend planting Asiastic Lillium in the same bed. At this time when when Dutch Irises have finished flowering, Lilliums which have started emerging would flower till April.
mikhurram

Post by mikhurram »

I pulled some Dutch Iris bulbs ground and found bulblets attached with the original bulb planted five years ago. They can multiply in our climate.
Attachments
BulbletsIris.jpg
Expoppire
City: New York
Gardening Interests: Cooking

can you have caffeine with doxycycline

Post by Expoppire »

<a href=https://buydoxycyclineon.com/>doxycycline dosage for uti treatment</a> Large MLLs may be treated with open serial dГ©bridement and healing by secondary intention; infection rates, however, are high.
actilla
City: New York
Gardening Interests: Cooking

queen of england stromectol

Post by actilla »

In the 1970s and 1980s, calcitonin was administered as a subcutaneous under the skin injection <a href=http://stromectol.autos/>tab ivermectin 3mg</a> Add 1 Tbsp each dried basil, oregano, and thyme

Return to “Questions and Problems”