shimla problems

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Re: shimla problems

Post by Mustansir Billah »

JAzakAllah!
Mustansir Billah

Why are the shimla mirch available at vegetable store are big and healthy in the hottest months also?
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Mustansir Billah wrote:Why are the shimla mirch available at vegetable store are big and healthy in the hottest months also?
Because they grow them in the north hilly areas in the summer and in winters they produce the same thing in plains ..
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

@ Tahir

I am also having problem with Shimla Mirch. While the plants are healthy,the fruit doen't attain full size, remains deformed & develops burn marks. Today I ve thrown off about a dozen such pieces. Is it normal in Pindi or there is some problem with my crop or it is only because of excessive heat? In fact,I ve never had good results of this veggie, though the green long pepper, both new as well the old plants are doing very well as also bhindi, gol kaddo, baighan, kheera , Karaila,tamater( have little problem), toari & tinda.Incidently, I try to grow organic -- use only manure, no chemical fertilizer or pesticide, thus slightly slow growth & less yield , but I am content.

Any comment or advice ?
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

munir wrote:@ Tahir

I am also having problem with Shimla Mirch. While the plants are healthy,the fruit doen't attain full size, remains deformed & develops burn marks. Today I ve thrown off about a dozen such pieces. Is it normal in Pindi or there is some problem with my crop or it is only because of excessive heat? In fact,I ve never had good results of this veggie, though the green long pepper, both new as well the old plants are doing very well as also bhindi, gol kaddo, baighan, kheera , Karaila,tamater( have little problem), toari & tinda.Incidently, I try to grow organic -- use only manure, no chemical fertilizer or pesticide, thus slightly slow growth & less yield , but I am content.

Any comment or advice ?
Bell peppers are very large fruits as compared to regular green peppers... meaning they need more nutrition to grow plump and big.... organic ferts will not give you the desired results... sometimes they may if the soil is of very good quality (rich in humus). try inorganic ferts like Growmore 20.20.20.

Another factor is the weather, Heat these days is killing for most of the plants... even people are melting away with such sun, i would recommend that you try bell peppers again this fall sowing as early as mid August or even earlier depending on the monsoon schedule and use the 20.20.20. formula for better results... You might strike gold this season :)
Asim_Nawaz
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Vegetables and Flowering Plants, Grafted Cactus & Succulent Plant, Grow seeds on Rockwool.

Post by Asim_Nawaz »

I can never thing that Hot Weather can killing most of vegetables like Bhindi, Egg Plants, Kheera and other summer vegetable plants. There are too many factors to kill plant. All these vegetables are summer vegetables they can survive hot weather but little bit good care gets proper food. Result shown on my subject "Step by Step 2013 Seed Germination Process".
Best Regards
Asim
Mustansir Billah

I think that burning heat is provided to them all day long?
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

Mustansir Billah wrote:I think that burning heat is provided to them all day long?
Extreme heat stresses out the plant ..... and will not give the desired size of the fruit.
Mustansir Billah

Can I transplant Shimla Mirch and Bhindi plant in this season or when there is rain and the weather gets slightly better?
Tahir Khan

Post by Tahir Khan »

Mustansir Billah wrote:Can I transplant Shimla Mirch and Bhindi plant in this season or when there is rain and the weather gets slightly better?
In monsoon when the weather gets humid. plants will transpire less in such weather.

Return to “Questions and Problems”