AUTUM AND WINTER

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

AUTUM AND WINTER

Post by Hamad »

AOA to all and hope everyone had a nice spring and summer, now it’s the time to think about the autumn
and winter flowers, maybe it’s a bit early but not so early if you want to prepare your plants from seeds
and it’s always good to anticipate and plan well ahead, if you do have beds or even pots you should plan
which plant to sow when and sometimes some varieties comes one after another very shortly and we don’t
want to miss any of them so the best way to deal with this situation is to plan properly. Paneeri should be
ready in trays to be planted in beds/pots one after another, shouldn’t be short of supplies reinforcement
should always available ;) a bit military style.

So any suggestions keeping upcoming season in mind or IF WE CAN SHARE A LIST OF PLANT’S NAMES
ACCORDING TO OUR KNOWLEDGE OR LIKENESS WITH THE TIME OF SOWING AND FLOWERING

By doing this we can increase our knowledge and may be this autumn and winter we can try some new plants
that we may forgot.

CONTRIBUTION REQUESTED FROM ALL MEMBERS
PrOud tO BE Oo92
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Re: AUTUM AND WINTER

Post by KAMasud »

Well after the Zinnia i will go for Marigold Inca. Three solid colours either kept separated or mixed. No whites dont like them the other three i can get them to bigger then four inches (flower size, stunning display) but whites?
Regards.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Well my answer is the same.autumn is just for Inca,the great Incas in three separate colors.i agree with K A Masud.I plant these beauties every year in mid August.there is nothing like Inca in autumn.i don,t like the F-Vanilla marigold.
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

thank you for your positive contribution :) but please don’t forget
to mention the time period of sowing and flowering so that it will
be a great help, knowledge and information for those who don’t know
and in this way they will be able to plan and have a nice episodes of
autum and winter.

Thank you MAK and Umar Khan

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

I normally purchase rooted cuttings.i prefer them over the seedlings from seed because the base is strong,make more dwarf plants & fast to flower.you can also purchase seedlings from a nursery. i usually purchase rooted cuttings from Allah tawalkal nursery,bakra mandi,Rwp.seedlings from Fateh Muhammad or Pak flora,Pwr mod,Islamabad.there stuff is 100% true.the best time is the 2nd & 3rd week of August.
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Post by KAMasud »

I agree with the last but i do it a bit different. I get a pot of each colour and plant them. When they are about seven inches tall. i cut them half way in order to make them compact and bushy (i did the same with my Zinnias). The top portion of each plant that i cut of, i replant as cutting. Both are about the same height. :). Weisa, i have to agree, the cutting has more vigour then the parent plant but then the parent plant has a head start. It comes out equal.
As to that wild marigold called Jafri, i dont have to plant them they are uninvited guests. Pretty but uninvited.
Regards.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Masud which variety of Znnia you favor most.i used to plant Dream land in past but now i have replaced it with Magellan.its colors are solid,more petal count & blooms are big in size.
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:I normally purchase rooted cuttings.i prefer them over the seedlings from seed because the base is strong,make more dwarf plants & fast to flower.you can also purchase seedlings from a nursery. i usually purchase rooted cuttings from Allah tawalkal nursery,bakra mandi,Rwp.seedlings from Fateh Muhammad or Pak flora,Pwr mod,Islamabad.there stuff is 100% true.the best time is the 2nd & 3rd week of August.

Umer the nurseries that you mentioned in Rawalpindi/Islamabad do
they have good variety, quality and price of plants? And what is your
recommendation are they good among others

Regards
Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Allah tawakal is best for annuals.his prices are reasonable.he will be offering Marigold F-1 Inca I after two weeks.both rooted cuttings & seedlings.i prefer rooted cuttings,low price,dwarf,fast to flower,same flower size & power to bloom.the biggest thing i like the base is thick & strong so needs little support to hold the heavy bloom size.many nurseries are offering F-1 Inca II which is available easily bot flower size is smaller than the original Inca.
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

Ok nice piece of information
Thanks
PrOud tO BE Oo92

Return to “Questions and Problems”