AUTUM AND WINTER

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Re: AUTUM AND WINTER

Post by KAMasud »

Oh i get my plants from Welcome nursery, in front of Radio Pakistan Training Academy, H9 (so called Peshawar more but in front of the signal of H9. Fiaz and Anwer are the concerned. We have known each other for so long that they know i will make them replace the plants if they do any hanky panky. They dont. I also spend a lot thats another motivating factor. If i get my panniri when they plant first time, i get 40 seedlings as a bonus per pot(100 Rs) . Subsequent planting the seedling count goes down to 25. Thats their way for old customers who know the secret. Meggellan sir jee but my criteria is the flower should be four inches plus and they know it and cater for it.
Bhaijan but the secret is not in the seedling, the same seedling in my hand and in my next doors hand, vast difference in plant vigour, flower size and then they go fight with the nursery walla. People do not understand that plants need care and love, by care and love i dont mean to drown them, just talk to them know when they want water food etc. Plus my sprinkling of fertiliser through watering can. :lol: which i do at night when every one is sleeping. Before i forget i apply also the slow dissolving (10 to 20 days) of blue NPK fertiliser. Very safe due to its time release action.
Regards.
Plus bed preparation in time. Good layer of manure, dig in mix and water. After four days again dig in and water. Repeated until planting.
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Wow

Sound really good and great information,
it means if I want to visit you the best
time is the night time when you are
applying your secrets on your plants HAHAHA :lol:

But yes the fact is that plant’s progress and health depend
a lot on the care that you dose. Any other plant’s secrets
please don’t hesitate to share I won’t let anybody know ;)

Seems to be like a ghost town to me, don’t know why other
members are not interested in sharing their knowledge or
maybe they are busy in planning for Ramadan but not for
plants any way HAPPY RAMADAN to everyone in advance.

Regards

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

For some reason I never liked Marigolds. I somewhat like the double color one.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Khan sb its a matter of personal taste.gardening,pet keeping or any sort of sports are matter of personal taste.you chose those which look nice to you.some people i have seen do not like mangoes even.what i like about golds there is no other annual that gives you such supply of colors in the days golds do.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Really!!! You know people who don't like mangoes??? :?
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

yes,i am amazed such delicious fruit! is,t it.i really love mangoes.thats why i have planted some trees in my home garden.so when the mangoes from Punjab are over mine come to give me the taste of King fruit.
Mango is really the King.i like to consume 2kg after meals.aam bhut hun or meete hun or jab Chunsa ya Anwar ho to wah wah.
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

aykhan wrote:For some reason I never liked Marigolds. I somewhat like the double color one.
Aykhan actually this is not only for marigold if you check in the start it’s about sharing your planning and
the plants you fancy for autumn and winter so that it will be a nice piece of information for others and you
can share what you like or planning to have in your garden in this autumn/winter.

FYI

"AOA to all and hope everyone had a nice spring and summer, now it’s the time to think about the autumn
and winter flowers, maybe it’s a bit early but not so early if you want to prepare your plants from seeds
and it’s always good to anticipate and plan well ahead, if you do have beds or even pots you should plan
which plant to sow when and sometimes some varieties comes one after another very shortly and we don’t
want to miss any of them so the best way to deal with this situation is to plan properly. Paneeri should be
ready in trays to be planted in beds/pots one after another, shouldn’t be short of supplies reinforcement
should always available a bit military style.

So any suggestions keeping upcoming season in mind or IF WE CAN SHARE A LIST OF PLANT’S NAMES
ACCORDING TO OUR KNOWLEDGE OR LIKENESS WITH THE TIME OF SOWING AND FLOWERING

By doing this we can increase our knowledge and may be this autumn and winter we can try some new plants
that we may forgot.

CONTRIBUTION REQUESTED FROM ALL MEMBERS"

Regards

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Khan saheb maybe separate post for mangoes is in order since it's a topic requiring a thread in it's own right. There can be so many things clarified!

I plan on planting my last years excavated bulbs in Septemeber. I am hoping to see my dormant Lycoris, Belladonas and Urginea maritima give flowers and hoping my dormant Nerines, Ammocharis, Boophone, Brusnvigia and Haemanthus wake up. Please advise what annuals are good for autumn flowering other than marigold.
Hamad
Donor
Donor

Post by Hamad »

Wow

Aykhan you got really impressive collection seems to be
like you are tuber lover like myself if you will plan for any
tuber exchange send me PM I’m always ready and looking
forward ;) and being tuber lover I know we don’t get much
satisfaction from annuals and for the time being we got
only zinnia and marigold in the list and still looking forward
if someone can add some more in it because I was away
for a while and missed some seasons because of which
now I’m not much aware of the timing and the plant’s
names my memory has been faded out and I triggered this
thread to refresh my memories and to increase my knowledge
and it will also help a lot others as well

Regards

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

aykhan wrote:For some reason I never liked Marigolds. I somewhat like the double color one.
I thought I was the only one.

Return to “Questions and Problems”