Tree Suggestions for Internal Courtyard

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

Sheru
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: I am amateur gardener with keen interest in wildlife forests and conventional trees

Tree Suggestions for Internal Courtyard

Post by Sheru » October 7th, 2018, 6:59 pm

Dear All - I am in the process of constructing a new home in Lahore and I have left a small internal courtyard which I intend to make as an indoor garden (open from the top i.e. no roof on top). The size is 18 ft by 16 ft.

I am hoping to plant a tree in this courtyard which ideally flowers (not critical) but does not grow huge although I would not mind some height and shade. Given this is in the centre of the house, I also do not want a tree that damages the building but the idea of a tree in the courtyard is so fascinating to me so I am very keen to have it. While there will be reasonable amount of sunlight in this courtyard, it will obviously be somewhat limited given there is a single story building on all four sides of this courtyard so the most sunlight it will get is from the top as there is no roof on top of it.

I am very fascinated by Jacaranda (purple/blue flowers) and wondering if that is a possibility? Also, Amaltas? Would it be a good idea or not recommended? Can you all please give me some suggestions. I am hoping to highlight this tree in the evenings with a spotlight and this will act as a central sculptural piece / highlight in the middle of the house. May I remind you that the construction site is in LAHORE.

Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Tree Suggestions for Internal Courtyard

Post by Izhar » October 8th, 2018, 3:59 pm

What about Cassia nodosa?

Return to “Questions and Problems”