Excess Watering

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

bilalsahil
City: Karachi.

Excess Watering

Post by bilalsahil »

most of the pests and insects are born due to excess watering to plants?
and tea water (chaaye ka paani) is useful for plants? please reply me because I have been facing n suffering from white bugs and mealybugs problem.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Access Watering

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Tea water is of no use.
Excess water will promote fungi growth directly. Indirectly as plant will gain lush green it will attract pest. Avoid over watering use inorganic pesticide if pest are uncontrollable .
mahira
City: karachi

Post by mahira »

my nursery wala helped me find a pesticide shop in my locality and i never thought i would be so happy to see a pesticide shop in my area.. so i asked them for the pesticide for the mealybugs..and he gave it to me.. and i sprayed it on the infected plants.. 2 of them were infected alot so i had to discard them.. but was able to save 6 plants.. now im on a close watch out for the mealybugs.. if i see another one on some plant.. i spray it or pull it apart.. no mercy on them..
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: Excess Watering

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

What i think we should save our plants.its not fair to uproot the plant attacked by mealybugs.spray Aceta meprid against this nonsense called mealybugs.Bayer,s Movento is also very very effective against mealy bugs.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

I also love and share this aggression against mealy bugs! It's almost a pleasure seeing them die by the thousands as you spray. Quite satisfying......like gardening :D :lol:
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

It's fairly simple to eliminate mealy bugs by destroying the eggs. In the middle of January i noticed that the tiny bugs yet not fully developed had started climbing the walls. I got hold of some green pesticide granules and "Seven Seas Powder" and mixed the granules in this powder and applied it in the soil areas near the walls and then kept it moist by spraying it with water. This tends to kills the eggs.

95% of the mealy bugs were eliminated by focusing on destruction of their eggs.

Its important to focus on the root cause rather than applying preventive measures (spraying) which is also harmful for good bugs (bees, dragon flies, ladybugs and spiders) as well as pollutes the air.

Over watering can be prevented very easily. If you have any doubt, simply poke your finger atleast 1 cm in the pot. If you feel any moisture then do NOT water and if it feels dry then water.
bilalsahil
City: Karachi.

Post by bilalsahil »

mahira wrote:my nursery wala helped me find a pesticide shop in my locality and i never thought i would be so happy to see a pesticide shop in my area.. so i asked them for the pesticide for the mealybugs..and he gave it to me.. and i sprayed it on the infected plants.. 2 of them were infected alot so i had to discard them.. but was able to save 6 plants.. now im on a close watch out for the mealybugs.. if i see another one on some plant.. i spray it or pull it apart.. no mercy on them..
in which area this shop is situated, kindly tell me, i'm suffering alot with mealybugs, white bugs and white flies
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

I had also pour tea water to plants and is of no use. In my opinion it just attracts more pests.
mahira
City: karachi

Post by mahira »

bilalsahil wrote:
mahira wrote:my nursery wala helped me find a pesticide shop in my locality and i never thought i would be so happy to see a pesticide shop in my area.. so i asked them for the pesticide for the mealybugs..and he gave it to me.. and i sprayed it on the infected plants.. 2 of them were infected alot so i had to discard them.. but was able to save 6 plants.. now im on a close watch out for the mealybugs.. if i see another one on some plant.. i spray it or pull it apart.. no mercy on them..
in which area this shop is situated, kindly tell me, i'm suffering alot with mealybugs, white bugs and white flies
ameer khusro road pe johar road pe :) next to burhani soups n snacks.. easy to find if you are familiar with this area

Return to “Questions and Problems”