Ant and Deemak pesticide for plant beds?

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Ant and Deemak pesticide for plant beds?

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

I had posted a reply questioning the demage by deemak and ants to plants in beds.
It is not there now. Why has it been removed and by whome?
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

To my knowledge, Deemak feeds only on dead wood. I have lot of Deemak in my house, but I have never lost a plant due to it.
Ants are a nuisence in pots and I use aluminium net to keep them out. Iam against use of pesticide in the soil as it will kill all friendly organisms too.
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin
City: Karachi

Post by mirafzalkhan »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:I had posted a reply questioning the demage by deemak and ants to plants in beds.
It is not there now. Why has it been removed and by whome?
Asalamalakum Brig. Sb

I have checked the forum log no such event of deleting post is happened, I think it is some kind of submitting mistake or program error of forum. I am requesting you to please make that post again. Sorry for inconvenience.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Ant and earthworms are a nuisance in pot as they create tunnels in the media through which the water runs out directly without moistening the media. A fine aluminium screen on the base inside the pots keeps the queen ant and earth worms out. Many a time I find Ant eggs under the pots, Coopex powder is very effective against them.
Samia
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: I am working on termite bait

Post by Samia »

Termite Baiting System is the best one....
tony23
City: Sydney
Gardening Interests: cares of tree

Post by tony23 »

Hello,

Quick and handy tips:

Combine 4 milliliters (about ¼ tablespoon) of mustard oil with 20 grams (about 4 teaspoons) of dry turmeric powder per every kilogram (2.2 pounds) of rice to keep common pests away. Turmeric alone is over 63% effective at inhibiting insect reproduction; when mixed with mustard oil, effectiveness rises to over 92%.
To keep wheat grain (e.g., burghul) bug-free add 1.75 teaspoons (generously measured) of turmeric powder
Do you have a wood-burning fireplace or stove? Try combining the wood ash with turmeric powder to prevent and treat powdery mildew on plants. Use a ratio of 4.5 pounds of turmeric to 10 pounds of ash and sprinkle over plants early in the morning.
If your plants have blackened stems with leaves and flowers that are starting to dry out, they could be suffering from bacterial blight. Try spraying them with a solution of water mixed with 10 parts of turmeric powder with 1 part baking soda once a week. To get the proper concentration of 1.5% for 1 liter of water, you will need 15 grams of turmeric and 1.5 grams of baking soda.
Try adding turmeric essential oil to an herbal skin cream — clinical trials show that turmeric is as effective as DEET in repelling mosquitos and black flies.
For medicinal purposes, black pepper significantly increases the bioavailability of turmeric. Turns out the two combined can also wipe out cutworm larvae. They are often found on plants they like to eat, such as Chinese cabbage and sweet potato

Return to “Questions and Problems”