Ant and Deemak pesticide for plant beds?

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Ant and Deemak pesticide for plant beds?

Post by aykhan »

I'm having a lot of problems with ants and termites which is really setting my plants back. Can someone advice which pesticide to use for these two problems and where I can get it in Lahore. I heard the pesticide for termites is different for wood and different for plants. I just dont want to kill the plants already there. Also how best to use the pesticide? Do I spray or soak the bed or any other method. Any advice will be greatly helpful. Thanks!
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Re: Ant and Deemak pesticide for plant beds?

Post by rafique »

AOA
Dear you can get termite killer from Arain Seed Sabzi Mandi Mutan Chungi.
You will have to flood this after mixing water. Add few drops of tarpine oil. in this mixture.
Also drill some holes at corners having depth about 1 to 2 feet and fill these holes holes with this mixture.

Regards
Rafique
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Thanks Rafique saheb. Is it just any termite killer or a special kind for plants? If you can tell me the name I might be able to get it from the sabzi mandi at kainchi on Ferozpur road which is . If it is just any, then I already have some from last year I used to protect the wooden play-yard for my kids.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

......also, will it hurt the plants already there when I flood the area with termite killer?
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Aoa hai aykhan.use Bayers REGENT anti termites.it does not hurt plants.we use it in large fields where termites are nonsence.its application is enough once in a year.it will also kill the ants.visit a good reputation commercial agri shop in Lahore.because i dont know too much about Lahore.brother it realy works.termites are very hard creatures.instrunctions are given on the bottle.if you want some thing ib small packing then try LARSBEL its appl is twice a year.its avble in 250 ml
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Thanks Umer. Do I just flood the plant beds with the mixture?
Amer Yar Khan
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

AOA
Dear Aamir you can get Bayers REGENT as suggested by Umar. There is also a seed shop at kainchi on Ferozpur, i think u can also get these types of products from there. Try to get some better and authenticated like Byers Regent.

As far as difference is concerned, i discussed this thing from seller, they say that product is same for plants and furnitures.
Instructions are also written on the label for lawn usage. Try to use bit low intensity mixture(dilute) for purpose of safty.
Flooding would be enough.
Try dilute soln. and if required repeat same after week.
also add only 3 or 4 drops tarpine oil in 8 ltrs of soln.
Regards
Rafique
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Yes aykhan brother flooding is must.remember one there is no permanant treatment.you have to repeat the treatment annualy.by using antitermites,the termites either go into the depth or change their place.so they do not harm the plants.after a year or two the reapear.so you have to repeat the treatment.termites as i have said are very hard insects.
shahwon

Post by shahwon »

aykhan wrote:I'm having a lot of problems with ants and termites which is really setting my plants back. Can someone advice which pesticide to use for these two problems and where I can get it in Lahore. I heard the pesticide for termites is different for wood and different for plants. I just dont want to kill the plants already there. Also how best to use the pesticide? Do I spray or soak the bed or any other method. Any advice will be greatly helpful. Thanks!
The pesticide organic is Haldi Spray
My coconut tree had also this problem
No more termites use it at home as well in form of a paste
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

How do I form a haldi mixture? Any particular ratio? Do I flood the beds with this? I tried the Bayer Regent and it has killed hundreds of ants!

Return to “Questions and Problems”