DAP

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

DAP

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Do the DAP resolves the problem of iron and magnesium sulphate deficiency in plants? As, when I asked the shop keeper he gave me DAP instead of ferrous sulphate and epson salt, I think as an alternate. Is it like NPK or what? How to applicate it?
M Farooq
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: DAP

Post by M Farooq »

Mustansir Billah wrote:Do the DAP resolves the problem of iron and magnesium sulphate deficiency in plants? As, when I asked the shop keeper he gave me DAP instead of ferrous sulphate and epson salt, I think as an alternate. Is it like NPK or what? How to applicate it?
DAP is going to increase the iron and magnesium deficiency ... since phosphate forms an insoluble precipitate (solid) with soluble iron in the soil. So is the case with magnesium.

Before you worry about that, do you actually know that your soil is deficient in iron and magnesium :-)

Any symptoms?
Mustansir Billah

M Farooq wrote:-
Before you worry about that, do you actually know that your soil is deficient in iron and magnesium :-)

Any symptoms?
Yes! there are symtoms of deficiency redish brown spots apearing on leaves of the plants and they are of light green color.
Is it okay to feed plants with ferrous sulphate and epson salt on regular bases, even if the plant is not deficient?
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

Mustansir Billah wrote:M Farooq wrote:-

Any symptoms?
Yes! there are symtoms of deficiency redish brown spots apearing on leaves of the plants and they are of light green color.
Is it okay to feed plants with ferrous sulphate and epson salt on regular bases, even if the plant is not deficient?
I am not sure if this is because of a mineral deficiency. Could you post pictures of the leaves?

As to the question:

No. Until and unless it has been proven that soil is deficient by chemical analysis or by very clear deficiency symptoms, we don't need to worry. One can do a very simple experiment: If you move a magnet in dry soil you will find hundreds of particles sticking to your magnet. This is insoluble iron mineral which will slowly dissolve with time and release iron in the soil. Iron is the fourth most abundant material on Earth and magnesium is the 7th most abundant element. You can imagine magnesium abundance by the fact that every green leaf is green because of magnesium. That's the way God has designed the plants! So enjoy nature and enjoy the complexity of life :-)
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Mustansir Billah wrote:Do the DAP resolves the problem of iron and magnesium sulphate deficiency in plants? As, when I asked the shop keeper he gave me DAP instead of ferrous sulphate and epson salt, I think as an alternate. Is it like NPK or what? How to applicate it?
You like most of our yougsters have become dependent on SPOON FEEDING.
Every question you are asking has been discussed in detail in this forum, SEEK AND YE SHELL FIND IT.
I am Allergic to SPOON FEEDING it is a poison to your mind.
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:
You like most of our yougsters have become dependent on SPOON FEEDING.
Every question you are asking has been discussed in detail in this forum, SEEK AND YE SHELL FIND IT.
I am Allergic to SPOON FEEDING it is a poison to your mind.
Very rightly said Brig. sahib, you reminded me of my father who made me memorize "Seek and ye shall find... knock and the door shall open" :-). How knowledgeable was the old generation with the language and rich proverbs!

The questioner is only 17 years old! Now I always ask the question to myself when someone asks a question "Did I know the answer when I was of his/her age?". If the answer is "no", I usually guide them.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

The questioner is only 17 years old! Now I always ask the question to myself when someone asks a question "Did I know the answer when I was of his/her age?". If the answer is "no", I usually guide them.

I have a grand daughter of same age, if I cant find answer to some thing I ask her and she invariably gets it for me.
When I was of her age my knowledge was not even 0.1% of hers. I was not as lucky as she is, I did not have access to knowledge that she has.
Blessed be my teacher Dr. Tabbies who taught me how to consult a book in 2nd year of my FSC. How many graduates of today know that?
I usually guide them, by telling them where to look for the answer.
Mustansir Billah

JazakAllah!
And I am rather confused that what is bad about it??
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Mustansir Billah wrote:JazakAllah!
And I am rather confused that what is bad about it??
No offense brother what our members are trying to say is that the more you explore.. the more you will know it is the curiosity of a certain problem that leads us to discover something new all the time, i myself am in the youth squad but i don't ask a question until or unless i have turned every page on the internet or ask myself that what can be the solution to this problem. :)

Believe it or not just 5 years ago i didn't know a thing about gardening and here i am now answering queries of young hobbyists, this is all because i believe in trial and error and most of all research the i am here today..... have you seen Farhan bhai?? look where he is now he started his garden from scratch 8-)
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote: I have a grand daughter of same age, if I cant find answer to some thing I ask her and she invariably gets it for me.
When I was of her age my knowledge was not even 0.1% of hers. I was not as lucky as she is, I did not have access to knowledge that she has.
Blessed be my teacher Dr. Tabbies who taught me how to consult a book in 2nd year of my FSC. How many graduates of today know that?
I usually guide them, by telling them where to look for the answer.
I totally agree with you. I am totally against spoon feeding and this culture has been propagated by the cancer of so called "coaching centers" on youngsters -throughout the country. They have access to tons of information these days but not knowledge. That's an interesting topic to discuss but we are getting off-topic.

Return to “Questions and Problems”