sweet pepper, when to transplant????

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

bushrasherwani
City: sialkot

sweet pepper, when to transplant????

Post by bushrasherwani »

Salam to all, my first experiment with sweet pepper the colored variety has resulted in 12 tender saplings along with two encrouchers(Watermelon that some kids next door threw in the pot thinking it was a dust bin!! :roll: ) Now peppers have 2 true leaves each should I transplant them now or wait?melon I am planning on relocating in the bed, how many leaves should they have to stand a chance of surviving??also can anyone tell me how frequently the plants need to be watered?safer dry or wet as far as pests like Aphids go?
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Re: sweet pepper, when to transplant????

Post by Tahir Khan »

bushrasherwani wrote:Salam to all, my first experiment with sweet pepper the colored variety has resulted in 12 tender saplings along with two encrouchers(Watermelon that some kids next door threw in the pot thinking it was a dust bin!! :roll: ) Now peppers have 2 true leaves each should I transplant them now or wait?melon I am planning on relocating in the bed, how many leaves should they have to stand a chance of surviving??also can anyone tell me how frequently the plants need to be watered?safer dry or wet as far as pests like Aphids go?
These days plants are in a lot of stress.. heat and pests to be particular... the plants will survive if not grown in full day sun but will get attacked by spidermites and whiteflies soon, spray a good pesticide or just give your plants a water jet wash everyday to avoid these pests.. your plants will grow with full vigour in the coming monsoon season... in the meanwhile water your plants regularly and leave the rest to GOD :)
bushrasherwani
City: sialkot

Post by bushrasherwani »

thanks sir took your advice and now am seeing the first peppers
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Glad to be of help :)

Return to “Questions and Problems”