Looking for these seeds

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Looking for these seeds

Post by khabbab »

I have access to these shrubs but i need seeds to send some one abroad. Any help?

Brunfelsia americana - lady of the night
Melia azedarach - bakain tree
Petrea volubilis - sandpaper vine
Tabernaemontana divaricata - Chandni double flowers

khabbab
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Re: Looking for these seeds

Post by tweedle2009 »

Petrea seeds available with my sources at 5USD/10seeds ex shipping.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

My Petria blooms profusly, but I have never seen a seed in last 10 years.
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

> My Petria blooms profusly, but I have never seen a seed in last 10 years.

That is exactly what I was wondering. My Petrea, the purple one, never bore a single seed. The flowers used to simple drop off. So did Buddelia. Both of them don't exist anymore due to negligence by others (I was away) and I could not find Buddelia again. It was a white variety of Buddelia from Shalimar nurseries it bore flowers like crazy through out the year and the honey bees wouldn't let someone come close to it.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

M Farooq wrote:> My Petria blooms profusly, but I have never seen a seed in last 10 years.

That is exactly what I was wondering. My Petrea, the purple one, never bore a single seed. The flowers used to simple drop off. So did Buddelia. Both of them don't exist anymore due to negligence by others (I was away) and I could not find Buddelia again. It was a white variety of Buddelia from Shalimar nurseries it bore flowers like crazy through out the year and the honey bees wouldn't let someone come close to it.
I guess it was buddleia asiatica which blooms in spring with fragrant flowers. Will take around 10 cuttings next week from the large specimen in lawrence gardens lahore :D

I am also going to have my hands on buddleia davidii seeds. Will offer members if anyone is interested. Easy to germinate from seed. Most heat tolerant species of buddleia is salvifloia native of south africa.
Lahore gardening blog
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

> I guess it was buddleia asiatica which blooms in spring with fragrant flowers. Will take around 10 cuttings next week from the large > specimen in lawrence gardens lahore :D

>I am also going to have my hands on buddleia davidii seeds. Will offer members if anyone is interested. Easy to germinate from >seed. Most heat tolerant species of buddleia is salvifloia native of south africa.

I don't think it was asiatica. The leaves were quite rounded. It was sold at an expensive price and seems more similar to davidii leaves.
khabbab
Founder
Founder

Post by khabbab »

Farooq, if it had rounded leaves, it is not buddleia. Both asiatica and davidii has similar leaves, silvery on reverse. I hope you are not referring to this one http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewto ... tica#p1454

I also got a chinese variety of buddleia probably buddleia lindleyana but not sure yet. More heat tolerant than davidii but less heat tolerant than asiatica.
Lahore gardening blog
M Farooq

Post by M Farooq »

khabbab wrote:Farooq, if it had rounded leaves, it is not buddleia. Both asiatica and davidii has similar leaves, silvery on reverse. I hope you are not referring to this one http://www.gardeningpakistan.com/viewto ... tica#p1454

I also got a chinese variety of buddleia probably buddleia lindleyana but not sure yet. More heat tolerant than davidii but less heat tolerant than asiatica.
Great! Seems Buddelia was a misnomer. It was sold as Buddelia and indeed it is not. Now Buddelia is in my wish list as well.
Khalid Abro
Gardening Interests: Cacti & Succulents, Fruit Trees, Vines, Herbs & Vegies

Post by Khalid Abro »

@Khabbab
@M Farooq
Hi Guys

After going through this thread i have started to love below two plants. Is there any chance to get the seeds from any member or any information regarding any nusery in Karachi where i can get them.

buddleia davidii
Petrea Volubilis (sand paper vine, queen's wreath)
khabbab
Founder
Founder

Post by khabbab »

Khalid Abro wrote:@Khabbab
@M Farooq
Hi Guys

After going through this thread i have started to love below two plants. Is there any chance to get the seeds from any member or any information regarding any nusery in Karachi where i can get them.

buddleia davidii
Petrea Volubilis (sand paper vine, queen's wreath)
Petrea is easily available from nurseries. Buddleja davidii is not available.
Lahore gardening blog

Return to “Questions and Problems”