Problem with Marigolds

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

hasnain
City: Lahore

Problem with Marigolds

Post by hasnain »

Hi,

My marigold seedlings are 8-10 inches high and i pinched them a week back. Yesterday i applied DAP. Today i found that few of the plants have starting to burn and the leaves have started to wilt. What have i done wrong here?

Looking forward for your feedback and advice.

Thank You.

Muhammad Hasnain
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: Problem with Marigolds

Post by M Farooq »

The problem is a simple cause and effect case. You overfertilized the plants and they died the next day :-(. Did you spread the granules directly or did you first dissolve them in water? I guess where the fertilizer concentration was high, it damaged the marigolds, that why you see random damage rather than a uniform wilitng of plants. What you may try is that you sprinkle water on the plants- to wash the leaves, and if the marigolds are growing in the ground, fill the whole flower bed with water. Hopefully it would minimize the damage by dilution. Unfortunately, chemical damage by fertilizers is irreversible. Nature's material is always the best for household purposes. Good luck!
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

Yes M Farooq is right, moreover please note that Marigold are much prone to Fungus attack due to temp, fertilizer, water etc. combinations, i have a personal experience on this and i am now not growing marigolds until November reached and temp go down. Well decomposed Manure is a better choice in case of Marigold than any other artificial fertilizer.
hasnain
City: Lahore

Post by hasnain »

Dear Farooq Sb / Adnan Sb,

Thank you for the feedback and advice. Yes thts wht i feared that i may have over fertilized them. I spread the granule directly.

Regards,
Muhammad Hasnain

Return to “Questions and Problems”