Misc Problems

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

jdashraf
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Misc Problems

Post by jdashraf »

AoA. I am facing following problems:-

Problem 1: Vinca Victory plants were doing fine then they started dying after every rain and now one odd plant is left.These are supposed to be permanent plants. How to protect them.
Problem 2: Geranium: Planted from seeds and seedlings but they could not survive after rains.Again are these perennials , if yes how to keep them alive?
Problem 3: Gerbera growth is slow and is not flowering. Age of these plants is about 5 months. How to get them grow faster and bloom?

Proble 4: Euphorbia not flowering: I have these Euphorbia plants since last six months but they have not bloomed yet. How to get them bloom.

Please guide.
Javed Ashraf.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: Misc Problems

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Pelargoniums are best treated as annual. They are a delicate plant and very much prone to fungus issues. If once set in nothing can be done. You can try them in pots and place at a sheltered site during rains. Avoid over-watering or watering the foliage. They should have very good air circulation.

Vinca's behavior is also same. In fact rains signal end of them. Even our sada bahar dies during winter. Best treated as annuals. Partial Sun

What exposure are you giving euphorbias. Reduce watering and give them full sun as far as possible.

Gerbera....Improve your soil condition. Its compacted and appears to be slightly water logged. Hoe the surface gently, Only morning sun. Feed fertilizer. Gerbera bloom season is coming shortly. Gerbera also dislikes over watering.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Javed Vica is a failure in our region due to heavy rains. Plant in pots & place on patio where rain does not reach easily. Vinca hates too much watering. Vinca are really great for Karachi but not for us in the beds. Reduce watering Euphorbia. Water one a week only. Water it your self cause mostly it is killed by our so called mali sbs who over water it.
Gereniums are treated as annuals in our region. Moon soon is the killer month for this delicate plant. Powder mildew is the main cause to kill it. Use fungicide but even then it can not survive.The same case is with lizzie busy Impatiens. If you are deciding to grow Impatiens keep in mind that Impatiens are also treated as annuals here.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Put your Euphorbia in full sun and water once a week till flowers appear...
jdashraf
Gardening Interests: Vines, Perennial flowers and plants , fragrant flowers , bulbs

Post by jdashraf »

Thx every one. I have already acted on above suggestions n waiting for results.
Javed Ashraf.
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

iam growing Palgorinums as perrenials and they are blooming for me every year, what i do is i just move them indoors during harsh summers near a north facing window, Vinca can be easily attacked by fungus in summers, i lost many , your Gerbera seems to be under attcked by fungus as well, try resolving the draining issues of soil, normally we put water by seeing the top soil dry , in actual the middle and botom soil is still wet serving as areas of fungus growth.
jdashraf

Post by jdashraf »

Syed Adnan wrote:iam growing Palgorinums as perrenials and they are blooming for me every year, what i do is i just move them indoors during harsh summers near a north facing window, Vinca can be easily attacked by fungus in summers, i lost many , your Gerbera seems to be under attcked by fungus as well, try resolving the draining issues of soil, normally we put water by seeing the top soil dry , in actual the middle and botom soil is still wet serving as areas of fungus growth.
Thx Adnan.
Javed Ashraf.
paydaymug
City: New York
Gardening Interests: Cooking

where to buy dapoxetine in usa

Post by paydaymug »

This is exemplified by furosemide, a hub drug in the co prescription enrichment network <a href=http://priligy.skin>priligy generika dapoxetine 60mg</a>

Return to “Questions and Problems”