Growing Mushroom

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

marif
Posts: 35
Joined: April 18th, 2012, 5:47 pm
Country: Pakistan
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Kitchen Gardening, all seasonal Vegetables and herbs.

Growing Mushroom

Post by marif » November 20th, 2013, 12:00 pm

AOA, I am trying to grow mushrooms first time this season in my little kitchen Garden, anyone who has done this already, please share his experience. Any suggestion or advise will be appreciated.
At the moment I am preparing the medium for this... (Wheat straw + Chicken manure+ Urea+ Gypsum also I have added some shredded newspaper in it) after 15 days or so when it will be ready than I will add mushroom spawn in it and cover it with thin layer of perlite or any seed growing compost.
I am seeking guideline from any successful Mushroom Grower in his/her Kitchen Garden in Islamabad. Thanks
Regards
Arif

mikhurram
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1331
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 9:08 pm
Country: Pakistan
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Re: Growing Mushroom

Post by mikhurram » November 20th, 2013, 5:07 pm

Zahrah Nasir the gardening expert based in Pakistan has written on Mushrooms on link mentioned below.
http://pakenvironmentandhealth.org/cont ... room-mania

Munir
Donor
Donor
Posts: 1088
Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 1:43 pm
Country: Pakistan
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies
Location: Islamabad

Re: Growing Mushroom

Post by Munir » November 21st, 2013, 12:25 am

I happened to grow Oyster mushrooms 2 years back,quite successfully.It was a great experience.
It is easy to grow Oyster Mushrooms & recommended for the starter. I used Cotton waste for the medium,which I would have recommended if you had asked earlier.Sterlization of the medium is a must;hope you have made arrangements for it. I don't think the spawn would be available locally,but you can get it from Agriculture University Faisalabad.I can tell you the contacts who could help.We can discuss more details on tel; if interested please contact through PM.

Tahir Khan
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1538
Joined: April 10th, 2011, 3:31 pm
Country: Pakistan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants
Location: Rawalpindi, Punjab.

Re: Growing Mushroom

Post by Tahir Khan » November 21st, 2013, 5:22 am

Munir wrote:I happened to grow Oyster mushrooms 2 years back,quite successfully.It was a great experience.
It is easy to grow Oyster Mushrooms & recommended for the starter. I used Cotton waste for the medium,which I would have recommended if you had asked earlier.Sterlization of the medium is a must;hope you have made arrangements for it. I don't think the spawn would be available locally,but you can get it from Agriculture University Faisalabad.I can tell you the contacts who could help.We can discuss more details on tel; if interested please contact through PM.
Sir where did you grow them ?? Indoors or outdoors and how did you keep the temperature balanced.

marif
Posts: 35
Joined: April 18th, 2012, 5:47 pm
Country: Pakistan
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Kitchen Gardening, all seasonal Vegetables and herbs.

Re: Growing Mushroom

Post by marif » November 21st, 2013, 10:28 am

Thank you so much Mr. Munir and Mr. Khurram for your quick response and the guide lines. I am rather new on this forum and don't have required posts to use the feature of PM.
Last weekend I visited Qadir Bakush Farms in Faisalabad, they are conducting a workshop on 25th December at their farm on Mushroom growth. Mr Tariq Tanveer was very helpful and has guided me about the mushroom growth in my kitchen garden, also he provided me button Mushroom Spawn.
These days I am preparing its medium as per I mentioned above. I would love to discuss this with you Munir Sab but unfortunately I was refused to use the PM feature of this forum. Can you contact me, if possible. I will be thankful and obliged.
Regards
Arif

marif
Posts: 35
Joined: April 18th, 2012, 5:47 pm
Country: Pakistan
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Kitchen Gardening, all seasonal Vegetables and herbs.

Re: Growing Mushroom

Post by marif » November 22nd, 2013, 9:43 am

Thank you Munir Sab for your private message for me.. but today when I did try to open that message, it is appeared on my computer screen 'you are not Authorized to read private messages" it is amazing that I am not authorized to read my own private messages, which are only for me.

Izhar
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4297
Joined: April 11th, 2011, 9:38 am
Country: Pakistan
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals
Location: Karachi, Sindh

Re: Growing Mushroom

Post by Izhar » November 25th, 2013, 10:38 am

marif wrote:it is appeared on my computer screen 'you are not Authorized to read private messages" it is amazing that I am not authorized to read my own private messages, which are only for me.
It will be enabled automatically once you become part of active discussions at forum.

ka_khan
Posts: 319
Joined: April 12th, 2013, 12:01 am
Country: pakistan
City: peshawar

Re: Growing Mushroom

Post by ka_khan » December 3rd, 2013, 12:10 am

Planning on commercial level to set a Mushroom farm.Any help from members?
@ Munir Sb kindly check your PM and guide me where to get the spawn.

ka_khan
Posts: 319
Joined: April 12th, 2013, 12:01 am
Country: pakistan
City: peshawar

Re: Growing Mushroom

Post by ka_khan » December 3rd, 2013, 12:21 am

For the info of members about Mushroom Farming:

Recently visited a farm near Peshawar.He was growing them on commercial level.Mushrooms are grown in bags filled with wheat straw.He has offered to give me bag @ Rs 80.According to him a bag produces around 1 kg mushroom in season of 4 remaining months till May.He is ready to buy back the mushrooms @ Rs 200/kg.
I am not sure of the market.Any body knows where it is sold?The market price is around @Rs 350 to 400/kg.

Munir
Donor
Donor
Posts: 1088
Joined: October 23rd, 2012, 1:43 pm
Country: Pakistan
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies
Location: Islamabad

Re: Growing Mushroom

Post by Munir » January 8th, 2014, 12:49 pm

marif wrote:Thank you so much Mr. Munir and Mr. Khurram for your quick response and the guide lines. I am rather new on this forum and don't have required posts to use the feature of PM.
Last weekend I visited Qadir Bakush Farms in Faisalabad, they are conducting a workshop on 25th December at their farm on Mushroom growth. Mr Tariq Tanveer was very helpful and has guided me about the mushroom growth in my kitchen garden, also he provided me button Mushroom Spawn.
These days I am preparing its medium as per I mentioned above. I would love to discuss this with you Munir Sab but unfortunately I was refused to use the PM feature of this forum. Can you contact me, if possible. I will be thankful and obliged.
Regards
Arif
You have been silent for long;hope everything fine ? What is the progress of your mushroom project?
Regards.

Post Reply

Return to “Questions and Problems”