tick mites helpppppp

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

mahira
City: karachi

tick mites helpppppp

Post by mahira »

hello all. pls i need help. i've got tick
mites on my rose plants n its severe. i applied certain pesticides but it was no use n found out when i searched the forum that pesticides can kill the insects that eat tick mites. i even tried washing leaves individually and cleaned each leave but they returned but anyway i bought a pesticide from local pest shop which was for tick mites but still it didnt work. i pulled off all the leaves of the plants n now new leaves r sprouting and still the leaves get covered by webs n tiny mites get brown n dry n shed off. i don't know where they come from n what to do. pls pls pls help me and tell me something which works 100 percent i really want to save my plants :( i would appreciate a quick reply
mahira

Re: tick mites helpppppp

Post by mahira »

PS: i didnt find baygon oberon as advised by someone.. if it really help do let me know where i can find it easily in karachi..or if there is an alternative by local name
Muhammad Bilal
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

The first line of defense against mites is to raise the humidity in the growing environment. Keep plants well watered and fertilized, because damage is increased when the plant does not receive sufficient water.

Mite populations can also be reduced by forcefully spraying plants with water, especially on the underside of leaves, to break up the webs and wash the mites off.

Multiple applications of a horticultural oil or insecticidal soap(for detail surf this forum), applied every 7 to 10 days, to ornamental plants will also provide good mite control.

Some, but not all, insecticides will also control mites try to use of these poisonous spray Malathion spray, pyrethrins, permethrin or sulfur.

Where the collection of plants is not too large (House Herbs & small shrubs) the quickest and easiest spider mite control is to dip the top of each plant quickly two or three times into warm water for 2-3 minutes. This will not injure and damage ur plant. This tip is effective against Aphids and mealy bug, as well as against the spider mite.
Learn & Share
mahira

Post by mahira »

thanx alot for replying as i said that i tried the water technique but they still keep returning and besides. using too mu ch water is making soil soggy n green. ok can u describe oil. i read neem oil helps. will it? i wanted to be sure before i buy. i already have bought plenty of pesticides.
Muhammad Bilal

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

yea Neem oil shows better result controlling mites. dilute it with water and dishwashing soap. Pour the solution into a spray bottle and apply to the foliage, especially the undersides of the leaves.

Dipping plant in warm water if is a problem then use Rosemary oil mixing it with water. I m sure it will kill the mites. Apply it 3 days intervals, at least 3 times.
Learn & Share
mahira

Post by mahira »

thanks alot.. ill try neem oil.. ill find it.. hope it's easily available.. not sure about rosemary oil though ..
Muhammad Bilal

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

Try Bayer's "Oberon" for mities, if there still problem with this insect.
Learn & Share

Return to “Questions and Problems”