Stunted growth of tomatoes

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

Alam64
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Plants

Stunted growth of tomatoes

Post by Alam64 »

Finally the seeds of tomatoes i sowed have bloomed and i have 11 small plants in different pots. Matter of concern is that all of them are showing no vertical growth. They have grown around 4 inch tall but kind of stopped at that height. Some have two or three arms with big leaves around 2 inches, some have many arms full of leaves but with one common trait, no vertical growth. They sprouted around a month back. Is this normal or do i need to take some remedial measures
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Re: Stunted growth of tomatoes

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Alam64 wrote:Finally the seeds of tomatoes i sowed have bloomed and i have 11 small plants in different pots. Matter of concern is that all of them are showing no vertical growth. They have grown around 4 inch tall but kind of stopped at that height. Some have two or three arms with big leaves around 2 inches, some have many arms full of leaves but with one common trait, no vertical growth. They sprouted around a month back. Is this normal or do i need to take some remedial measures
The technique to grow a tomato plant vertically is to let only main stem grow and prune the offsets and place something to support vertical growth. Otherwise, if it growing like a bush let it grow, it will produce nice fruits.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

Alam64
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Plants

Re: Stunted growth of tomatoes

Post by Alam64 »

Thx

Return to “Questions and Problems”