Shareefa leaves turning yellow then black at ends

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

dragoonsers
City: Karachi

Shareefa leaves turning yellow then black at ends

Post by dragoonsers »

I got 2 shareefa plants in gachi. they arent fruiting. i put em in big pots so they can grow more before planting. and leaves are turning black on the edges?
dragoonsers

Re: Shareefa leaves turning yellow then black at ends

Post by dragoonsers »

Bump.
Kassim

Post by Kassim »

I have a few sharifa plants in my house in Karachi. One such plant bears fruit each year. I think my little hands on experience will give you some insight. The real issue with sharifa trees is that we tend to wash the plants with water when watering them either daily or on alternate days. The water will certainly brighten up your sharifa tree, but it will also be a source of disease attraction.

Watering just at the best of the plant is the best idea to avoid disease buildup. The weather in Karachi is such that there is moisture in the air these days especially early in the morning so i guess you cannot avoid a bit of disease build up. In such a case you do the following.

1. If the disease issue is extreme - then prune your plant and you will in about a weeks time see new spouts, which will also induce fruiting. - each end of a new step has the ability of producing fruits..

2. Use a fungicide. the rule with fungicides is the broader the spectrum of the product the better will be the results. So if you can get your hands on Nativo (Tri-floxystrobin + Tebuconazole) or Difenconazol (Score) then go ahead and give a light spray on the leaves and repeat after 10 days. The old leaves will not get better, but the new ones should not have such an issue especially with Nativo.

And please pot your plant now.....it needs space to grow and show you its delectable fruits...
dragoonsers

Post by dragoonsers »

thank u :) and its in the ground!
khawajaumerilyas
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: fruit plants

Post by khawajaumerilyas »

AOA
I am in lahore and i am also having same problem.I have planted one shareefa plant last year in my lawn land.Last year it shows some new shoots and leaves but now its end of march it has no new leaves and its existing leaves have sort of burned ends in black colour,is it kind of fungal problem or it is due to weather condition of lahore.I use to water my plant twice a week.my plant height is approx 2.5 feet.What is am suppose to do kindly give me suggestion.
Muhammad Bilal
Gardening Interests: Learner... Wished to be a well skilled Horticulturist.

Post by Muhammad Bilal »

khawajaumerilyas wrote:AOA
I am in lahore and i am also having same problem.I have planted one shareefa plant last year in my lawn land.Last year it shows some new shoots and leaves but now its end of march it has no new leaves and its existing leaves have sort of burned ends in black colour,is it kind of fungal problem or it is due to weather condition of lahore.I use to water my plant twice a week.my plant height is approx 2.5 feet.What is am suppose to do kindly give me suggestion.
This may be due to many factors like environmental factor i,e due to hot weather. But these days it is spring and weather is not too hot but warm. So it could not be due to a environmental factor.
Cultural factor may be another factor ( It almost indicate over watering, or over fertilizing, accumulation of access salt in the root zone).
And it also can be a pathogenic fungal, bacterial disease.

If u r not provided excess fertilizer nor overwatering then sure it will be fungal disease. U have to remove all infected leaves and twigs and burn them. Apply broad spectrum fungicide multiple spray like mangozeb or Difenconazol atleast 3 times with 7 days intervals. Coz it is spring new leaves will again soon be sprouted.

It is the end of March and April will soon be started, weather is getting warmer and due to the rain and excess humidity, it is the most favorable environment for the multiplication of fungal disease and to spread.
Learn & Share

Return to “Questions and Problems”