Narcissus (Gul-e-nargis)

Having Any problem in your Garden? Struggling Plant, Pests or fertilizers? Seek Help from Fellow Members

Moderator: Izhar

Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Re: Narcissus (Gul-e-nargis)

Post by Hamad »

aykhan wrote:Delonix regia needs heat and a lot of it. It is almost touching 40 degrees in Lahore now and only now are the dormant trees from winter starting to sprout back o life. They are in full bloom when it is blazing hot in May and June. I think the purple tree you're talking about might be Bauhinia purpurea which is commmonly known a Kachnar. For some reason I've seen more of those in Lahore than Jacaranda. Kachnar is also very beautiful. I'f you like tons of yellow then Cassia fistula or Amaltas, but again it blooms in the high heat so I'm not sure how it'll do in cooler areas.
Aykhan is Delonix regia successful in Lahore? Because if it’s so then it means it may success in Wah and the purple tree I was asking is Jacaranda, because Kachnar is an Orchid tree and I know a little about it, but it was not Orchid family and Cassia fistula or Amaltas is outstandingly beautiful tree, I do agree with you %100 and we do have lots and lots of them in Wah and it ticks all the boxes for a blooming tree 10/10, thanks for increasing my knowledge Aykhan
PrOud tO BE Oo92
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Farooq wrote:I think you are referring to Jacaranda tree. It is indeed one of the most beautiful trees in the world!It sheds it 's leaves and becomes covered with flowers and nothing else! Although the leaves are similar but the seed pods are very different. I tried growing it in Karachi but they did not survive, although Shalimar nursey in Karachi does sell it. On the other hand, the Delox regia will not survive the cold winds of Islamabad.
Certainly Farooq that's the tree, actually my knowledge regarding trees and especially their botanical name is very limited comparatively to plants and flowers, I fancy trees with blooms I do have Plumeria but is not big enough to bloom yet but I want to increase my collection and I need Delox regia but what do you say will it get neutralize in my climate or not, I will give it a try by planting it in south direction so that it can get full sun and will try to cover in winters.
And I really do appreciate your contribution in this topic and by increasing my knowledge regarding trees and as far as Jacaranda concern it do worth to have one in your garden just like Delox regia, even their leaves are so beautiful but climate is the problem!, do you have Delox regia?[/quote]
Hamad shb,

I also like flowering trees.Yes I do have Delonix which is fluorishing and I also tried Jacaranda 3 times. All Jacarandas died. You can certainly try but I think Delonix regia (= flame of the forest= gul mohar) will not survive in Islamabad type weather. It is a very sensitive tree. It does like hot humid weather like that of Lahore or Karachi. You should try Kachnar (=Orchid tree) which is suitable for colder climates. Haar singhar is another beautiful tree. Good luck with your efforts.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

I suggest you get the biggest Delonix regia you can find and plant it now. This way it will likely establish in the several months before winter. Even if the top part dies next winter the trunk and main branches will likely come back next summer.
farah fayyaz
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annuals, bulbs and kitchen gardening.

Post by farah fayyaz »

I planted last year saved bulbs this year. Last year i was very happy to see their population. They multiplied more than double. But this year they did not bloom ecxept a few one. Please help me now what to do.
I saved them in fridge . Should i wait the foliage to b brown. I feel other seedlings are getting disturbed due to their presence.
Reply please.

Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

wait till the foliage die back.. sometimes they do skip flowering season.. but in my experience the fridge stored bulbs tend to bloom once they are in warm conditions..
farah fayyaz

Post by farah fayyaz »

Thanks Mr. Izhar. JazakAllah.
So what do you suggest about thier storage. Should I keep them them in fridge or in any other dark place. Actually I want them to bloom next year. This year my bed was full of foliage but only with few flowers.
Izhar
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Keep them in fridge till November, keep them at any dry spot till December, plant in December first week...
farah fayyaz

Post by farah fayyaz »

Ok ok thanks alot. I hope i get success next year.Ameen.
actilla
City: New York
Gardening Interests: Cooking

stromectol alcool

Post by actilla »

<a href=https://stromectol.autos/>stromectol dose for scabies</a> Supervisor Prof Michael Hutchinson
actilla
City: New York
Gardening Interests: Cooking

stromectol scabies treatment

Post by actilla »

<a href=http://stromectol.autos/>buy stromectol pills online</a> We and others have noticed that aberrant subcellular localisation of DNA damage response DDR proteins in breast cancer BC is associated with loss of function phenotype

Return to “Questions and Problems”