Donor
Donor

A Garden

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

What is a garden? A place where you grow plants;
For beautification of the place
For visitors to admire
For Your own pleasure

Is a garden reflection of your personality? Satisfaction of your urge of creativity? Or your admiration of the gift of nature.

What is youe opinion?
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: A Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Sir this is one question i also wanted to ask :-)........
than i saw BBC 80 gardens around the world by Monty don. He explores what gardens are in different cultures. He does not focus on plants but how gardens are made, how they are regarded in different cultures and countries. ...and wallah i am deeply inspired by this program.

If you are interested i can burn DVDs and send you these lovely series. For my money its a must must watch.

Its difficult to discuss the content of the program because of its richness and aura that it creates.

Sir PM me your addy. i send it to you right away
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

WILCO, Thanks
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

infact he discusses all that you have mentioned. Some made gardens for admiration, some for pleasure, some for food and some for the love of nature. and he discusses benefits and repercussions of each aspect.

Sir one humble submission.
See the series in series that is from episode one (Mexico, Cuba etc)
It is preferred if you are alone so that you can listen carefully every word that he says....because actually its his words that explains everything(grapahics are extremely good as well)
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

I am greatful
Arif
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Farhan I am enjoying the 80 gardens a lot.

I am shocked at the very poor response to this thought provoking Post.
Miss Z has a small indoor plant at her desk which gets light from a small lamp, is watered and sprayed to keep the leaves shining, she even at times talks to it. WHY? What pleasure she gets, is it the mother instinct.

A member is delighted to see fruit on his container grown veg. plants
He can buy the fruit but cannot buy the pleasure he is getting.

Is a garden a training school where you learn one sided love, husbandry, patience, to take your losses, and the sweet reward of your toil?

Is it your work of art, reflection of your Personality, your inner self? a living creation/projection of yourself with a hidden desire of appreciation and acknowledgment of your achievements?

A garden is full of life, you are not the only visitor, there are resident and visitor, regular visitors and seasonal visitors, it has the sound of music. The local canaries start their song while it is still dark, they are the best singers, followed by Bulbals, doves and soon the other birds join them including my caged parrots. The buz of insects collecting necter and pollen, the sound of wind Whistling through the leaves.

Garden is promised in paradise and we try to create a replica according to our own imagination, spending some time there relaxes you and gives you the tranquillity you are looking for, or is it a desire to go back to The Mother Nature (your natural habitat)?

Arif
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

For me in one liner

"Gardening is gratification by manifesting(very lower level) the divine attribute of creating, destroying, providing and tending (to plants) resulting in a landscape as in nature".

Its in human nature to TRY TO BE musavir. We have God's soul ( Quran: I have infused my soul into you) therefore we are lesser imagery of God, trying to mimic his attributes.
Farhan Ahmed

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:
I am shocked at the very poor response to this thought provoking Post.

Arif
Reason......we do not think much. As the saying goes
" i exist because i think".

Mind is our utopia, where we should create wonderful things, far from reality...for them to be reality one day(spiritual & material both)...Visualization, the reasoning is something which alleviate us from other beings.

Return to “Soul of Gardening”