how to promote gardening

What is a Garden? Intellectual Debates, Gardening Fun & Quotes

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Imran Khan
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: landscaping, trees, shrubs, ground covers, annuals and perennials, garden writing

how to promote gardening

Post by Muhammad Imran Khan »

i would like the all members and gardening enthusiasts to share their views about this topic.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Re: how to promote gardening

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Hmmmm.... when i started gardening firstly people on my street looked at me awkwardly for getting my own hands dirty... but now i see the whole street ( 8 Houses) getting hold of Malis and uplifting their lawns :-).....I guess its that simple
Muhammad Imran Khan
Gardening Interests: landscaping, trees, shrubs, ground covers, annuals and perennials, garden writing

good it works well, i would like more ideas for practical implementation any how thanks for feedback.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

Dear Imran,

We have some plans in our mind. Mir Afzal sb. is working on them. They include activities in schools, participating in flower shows, arranging good quality seeds, fertilizers for forum members. Its a long process and needs serious efforts and patience. I think for the first step we should increase the count of active forum members and as these activities will require monetary support, we need members who can contribute to this part as well.

Feel free to give your feedback..
sara

Post by sara »

idea : hold something in your own back yard, invite a few neighbours or friends even kids .. plant some stuff with them and let them take it home .. theyll surely call you for advice on how to keep it alive or at least it will spark some interest in gardening .
Sara
Muhammad Imran Khan

thanks izhar and sara for contribution to this topic, if you people find more ideas and share your contributions for this cause i would be more pleased. people who are working on this subject should be connected and we should arrange work plan for practical implementation pf this project i am with you all and i hope we will gather soon and think more for this.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

Organize gardening workshops in schools , give free seeds,flowers and other stuff.

One thing that everyone can do ... When you have flowers, send them to your neighbour and the people living nearby.Cutflowers would be better.It'll urge them to grow their own flowers.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Muhammad Imran Khan wrote:thanks izhar and sara for contribution to this topic, if you people find more ideas and share your contributions for this cause i would be more pleased. people who are working on this subject should be connected and we should arrange work plan for practical implementation pf this project i am with you all and i hope we will gather soon and think more for this.
What are your ideas imran? What do you think needs to be done to promote gardening and people more aware?

Ofcourse we will gather soon to discuss these things. The DHA flower show lahore is coming on March 15-17 in Sheeba park lahore. I will be messaging the lahore members those who can join there. The Lawrence garden flower exhibition will be held later.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Muhammad Imran Khan

khabbab i am writing an article on this topic now a days soon you will find there many ideas including mine ideas too. the exhibitions are also a strong motive for promotion, i will visit and hope many other people of this forum too.
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

For me it is like lightening one candle with another , we have to start with our family parents, siblings, children, then we have to enlarge the circle to our friends, neighbours , cousins , relatives ... this is atleast the minimum responsibility of every gardening lover. Giving them plants as gifts, guiding them, encouraging them will create interest for them. OR bare minimum we can pass it into our next generatio through our childrenn, this should be part of their upbringing.

Gardening is how I relax. It's another form of creating and playing with colors ^ (quote)

Return to “Soul of Gardening”