Summer of '12

Enjoy our Senior Member's Beautiful Blooms!

Moderator: Izhar

Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Summer of '12

Post by Izhar »

everything looks beautiful here.. :)
for roses, are giving any micro-nutrients??
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Izhar I used Epsom salts and a little DAP. Nothing more since most roses I have we're from cuttings and I didn't want to risk problems related to too much fertilizer. However, I have used tons of well rotted manure below soil and plenty of compost on top. Recently I mulched with leaf mold. I'm hoping for a good Fall show this year. With the weather hot the roses are getting smaller, fewer and losing most of their fragrance.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Khan sb i usually feed nitrogen to my roses after flowering.feeding has to be done before the heat rises to peak.nitrogen increases stimulates the foliage ,increasing the volume of the bushes.in extreme heat i stop feeding as inorganic fertilizers are extremely hot.old cow manure is best for roses as it make the soil loose which means good air circulation.do not sprinkle water over the foliage.
haris.kabir
City: Rawalpindi

Post by haris.kabir »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:
aykhan wrote:Brig saheb I got my calla bulbs from Pride Seeds. They have three varieties, yellow, purple and pink and are still available. Mine are situated in bright light with maybe 2 hours of direct sun and I added a lot of peat moss to maintain good moisture. So far so good.
I have them and will plant them today. I am afraid it may be too late. What do you think?

@ Brig Arif Sahab Sir How is your Calla going ? I planted mine (purple) a few hours ago.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

There is a problem with mine. The growth is going fine but so far all are turning out to be yellow, even the ones sold as purple. Nothing reliable here, even in a place like Pride Seeds ......
haris.kabir

Post by haris.kabir »

Wth, =@ The only reason y I bought calla again was becuz I had never seen a purple calla.I had to request Khabab to get this purple calla for me all the way from Pride seeds lahore. And if mine also turns out to be yellow I am going to sue them.Such a waste of time and money. =/ This is pathetic.
haris.kabir

Post by haris.kabir »

aykhan wrote:There is a problem with mine. The growth is going fine but so far all are turning out to be yellow, even the ones sold as purple. Nothing reliable here, even in a place like Pride Seeds ......
Sir how long did it take to bloom ? + what is the plant and flower height ?
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Some bloomed in 2 weeks. Others are going good. Size probably 6 inches or more so far. Will try o post pics.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Yes its a common problem here in our loved country.if they have not the same u need they will sale another very close to it.just like if u demand Zinnia Magellan,the source will offer it but in the last you will come to know its dream land.this is not a pet forum but i,l say this is same in the pet market.so they waste our time & money just for small profits.its very common.either purchase from abroad or purchase seeds from reliable time tested source.
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

i have a simple white one any tricks on how to get it to bloom??

Return to “Dr Amer's Exotic Garden”