Tall Bearded Iris

Enjoy our Senior Member's Beautiful Blooms!

Moderator: Izhar

aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: Tall Bearded Iris

Post by aykhan »

LOL....NO I would never remove a fresh bloom I'm seeing for the first time and waiting more than a year for! I just had the clippers in hand when I bent it to get a picture with some perspective!
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

lol. :D
thanks
Rafique
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

beautiful not the size.its normal for Bearded Iris but the color is so much fantastic.what i like about bearded iris they increase very fast.Aykhan you iris will look very exotic after a couple of years when it form a natural looking clump.i hope we will see the exotic clumps in future Inshallah.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

I also thought they increase in size rapidly but that has nor happened for me. This is the largest TBI I have and it's been in the ground a year. Others are much smaller. Khan saheb if you really want to see exotic colors in Iris you should check the website of Claire Austin. She is daughter of the famous rosé breeder David Austin! She has a dedicated nursery specializing in Iris, Peonies and perennials! Here's the link

http://www.claireaustin-hardyplants.co. ... ls.php?b=1
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Yes Khan sb i have visited Clarie,s collection so many time.i love bearded Iris as they are much larger & increase easily as compared with their Dutch cousins.Khan sb they will increase Inshallah.one year is a very small time.i like Bearded but are not easily available on the local market.

Return to “Dr Amer's Exotic Garden”