Gulzar-e-Hijri Karachi blooms 2013

One of our Finest Young Gardener From Karachi

Moderator: Izhar

Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Gulzar-e-Hijri Karachi blooms 2013

Post by Izhar »

Tahir Khan wrote:Amazing larkspurs Izhar bhai... electrifiying blue :) , but they are from the delphinium family do they survive our heat?

The color along with delicate foliage is such a nice combination, they are extremely easy from seeds.. they are winter season annuals and die when the heat arrives..
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

I am impressed with the angel's trumpets the plant is so healthy. As compared to Devil's trumpet the angel ones do not grow very well in lahore. Their fragrance is well worth it. Larkspur are looking great.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Yes Tahir Larkspur survives our summer & its the annual relative of Delphinium.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

@ Izhar......how does pelargoniums perform in Karachi. Are they perennial. do they flower year round??
asimishtiaq

Post by asimishtiaq »

Izhar wrote:i have seeds as well as seedlings of zinnia also two rooted cuttings of dahlia.. contact me via PM
Salam,
It was a wonderfull day todaY IVE NEVER SEENS SUCH A COLOURFULL AND AWSOME garden maintained with so many colors hats off to you Izhar,you are indeed a great guy and iam really glad to meet you.hope to see you soon inshallah and i went for pots today but due to city conidtions i didnt got any so will get new pots and will place pictures than for your guidance.Mashallah your new place is also very beautiful.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Amazing as usual Izhar. I think you take the prize for the most colors in a lawn. I will say again I just wish you had the time and energy to plant green grass around the beds. Everything would be so much more dramatic.
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

farhan137 wrote:@ Izhar......how does pelargoniums perform in Karachi. Are they perennial. do they flower year round??
They are spring annuals here, some double blooming pelargoniums could be saved like dahlia in shade but they bloom only in cooler season here
asimishtiaq wrote: Salam,
It was a wonderfull day todaY IVE NEVER SEENS SUCH A COLOURFULL AND AWSOME garden maintained with so many colors hats off to you Izhar,you are indeed a great guy and iam really glad to meet you.hope to see you soon inshallah and i went for pots today but due to city conidtions i didnt got any so will get new pots and will place pictures than for your guidance.Mashallah your new place is also very beautiful.
Nice meeting you too Asim, only the larkspurs seedlings need a quick potting or they will will die.. others are already in pots and you can shift them at leisure..

@ aykhan: as i am relocating so nowadays i am distributing seedlings among the residents of our housing society... the blue of larkspurs, yellow/orange of marigolds, cosmos, nasturtiums, red of salvia, pink of phlox are now becoming part of most of the gardens n lawns of our area :)
I Khan

Post by I Khan »

Izhar,
BEAUTIFUL :D came on the site after a long long time and am as usual full of admiration of your garden. Very well done, indeed.
Izhar

Post by Izhar »

Hi, how are you????? its been a looong time.. how is your garden?? the flower exhibition is coming on 28 Feb.. hope we meet there :)
asimishtiaq

Post by asimishtiaq »

I planted seedlingsof Larkspur as you told me in the Lawn.and iam waiting for city conditions to get better than will go for other stuff.

Return to “Green Thumb Izhar's Garden”