My Liliums

Our Most experienced and seasoned Gardener shares his Blooms

Moderator: Izhar

asimishtiaq
City: Karachi

Re: My Liliums

Post by asimishtiaq »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:It is an Amaryllis, seperate them now and feed them well, next year you will get flowers.
Now here are my queries:

1)Howto separate them as i did pic few from this potbut they all die.
2)What to feed them?
3)How much should i water them?
4)Are they gud in pot or should i put them in Lawn side?
rabia
City: gujranwala
Gardening Interests: Flowering bulbs,Succulents and Cacti,Kitchen gardening,Seasonal flowers ...etc

Post by rabia »

AhmadIrfan wrote:Arif sb there are amarylus with verigated leaves ?? If soo are they of the same.color type or different colors ??
Same is my question.I have 4 or 5 bulbs of an amaryllis looking plant it has variegated leaves.I was told by the seller that it flowers too but in last 2 years it hasn't bloomed.It has lost its foliage nowadays but i hope it will sprout again.Can you give some information about it?
Regards
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

asimishtiaq wrote:
Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:It is an Amaryllis, seperate them now and feed them well, next year you will get flowers.
Now here are my queries:

2)What to feed them?
Invert the moist pot, strike the edge on the lawn/ ground, the root ball will come out of the pot, shake out the soil, seperate the bulbs,do not cut the roots or the leaves, pot each bulb in 10 inch pot filled with Bhalo mati and lots of compost, burried up to neck only, water once and forget. Water again only when very dry. Do not worry if the leaves die, the new ones will come out soon.
All your answers are in the forum posts.
Good luck
Arif
asimishtiaq
City: Karachi

Post by asimishtiaq »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:
asimishtiaq wrote:
Now here are my queries:

2)What to feed them?
Invert the moist pot, strike the edge on the lawn/ ground, the root ball will come out of the pot, shake out the soil, seperate the bulbs,do not cut the roots or the leaves, pot each bulb in 10 inch pot filled with Bhalo mati and lots of compost, burried up to neck only, water once and forget. Water again only when very dry. Do not worry if the leaves die, the new ones will come out soon.
All your answers are in the forum posts.
Good luck
Arif
Jazakallah Arif Sb for your help.
irfan.siddique
City: Lahore

Post by irfan.siddique »

I had purchased four lillium bulbs. That was my first experience. I succeeded to get bloom from two plants. Third one will take more one or two weeks to bloom. I am sharing red lillium bloom. Highly fragrant flower.
Attachments
2012-12-13-0829(0).jpg
Red Lillium.jpg
third flower is ready to bloom.
third flower is ready to bloom.
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

Irfan your bloom is looking very beautiful :) but it seems to be like the stem is not so healthy to bear the weight of the bloom and is bent, if you insert a support In the pot could be a rod, stick or anything usually I use bamboo like stick locally known as cana or nari and tie it with the support it will not only increase the beauty but also protect it from strong wind and rain otherwise it could bent to an extent that stem will break
Liked the bloom very much ;)

Regards
Hamad
Asalam-U-Alaikum
PrOud tO BE Oo92
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

What is the source of your bulbs?
Ipurchased all the varieties but no red came out.
Hamad has advised well.

Return to “Brig Arif's Garden”