My Roses

Our Most experienced and seasoned Gardener shares his Blooms

Moderator: Izhar

KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Re: My Roses

Post by KBW »

aykhan wrote:The 6th one is Pink Perfume and the 12th one is Nagrette. However, please not some roses go by more than one name.
Thanks for clarification Sir. Nagrette is very impressive. There are so many similar looking roses that one would need a long time to recognise most of the commonly avilable roses. I took the sixth one as Century II :roll:
KBW
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:Tomorrow or day after I will go to the rose show for my future selection.
Now I know that there are roses for cut flower, roses for garden, roses that are facinating seen individually but have no impact in a garden. I am looking for large roses of the past, not seen any more, roses that make large bushes and are hardy not requiring weekly sprays. Having selected what I like there, I will request the forum friends for final short listing.
Thank you
Sir please do share the list with us and if possible, take a few snaps too. :)
regards
KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

Some very good roses Sir. Could you (or anyone else) name the roses on previous page. I know many of them but some are confusing as there are so many similar looking roses. Very grateful. :)
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

KBW wrote:Some very good roses Sir. Could you (or anyone else) name the roses on previous page. I know many of them but some are confusing as there are so many similar looking roses. Very grateful. :)
Sir I am not a rosearion and have no idea/knowledge of their identity. I am planing to keep only a few I like the most and make it a point to know their names.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

In some other link I had asked for advice to shift my roses and was advised not to do so until Jan.
But keeping in mind their l dismal performance I have decided to leave them where they are, prune them in mid Dec. fertilise them and if their performance is still not satisfactory remove them altogether.
If you want me to keep them then advise me how to look after them.
Arif
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Dr its not Nagrette its Black Prince.Nagrette is hybrid tea with spiral buds & no more than 3 ft high.Black Prince has cup shaped blooms & is high than the Negrret.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Arif sb for us at Islamabad the pruning time is mid DEC to first week of Jan.But Lahore is slightly warm so i think there it should be from first week to mid Nov.Pruning really depends upon the climate & temps.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Khan Saheb if we prune now in Lahore the bushes will sprout and the new growth will burn in the cold which is yet to come to Lahore. I was thinking maybe best time to prune in Lahore would be around or maybe a little before mid-January?
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

If frost is expected at Lahore then its better to prune after the frost.Frost kills all the fresh foliage.You are right Dr sb.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Khan sahib last year in January we had several nights just below or at O degrees in January. If it's the same like last year might be best to prune in mid-January which will give enough time for cutting to callous and be ready to put out roots as it starts warming up in February.

Return to “Brig Arif's Garden”