Our Most experienced and seasoned Gardener shares his Blooms

Moderator: Izhar

aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: DAY LILIES 2013

Post by aykhan »

These indeed are beautiful re blooming daylilies. Some of mine are also enjoying the loom while some went dormant in the heat and are resprouting now. Maybe they will re bloom in Fall. I think I lost a couple in the dry heat so next year will use a shade cloth like you did.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Today I have planted seeds which were gifted to me from Canada, which I did not plant earlier because of my two months absence.
I hope they will sprout.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Great minds think alike! :D Brig Saheb I planted some seeds I got from my pods yesterday. However the seeds did not look healthy and some seemed empty. I might get just a couple of sprouts if I'm lucky.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Khan Sb. never forget gardening is based on HOPE
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

aykhan wrote:These indeed are beautiful re blooming daylilies. Some of mine are also enjoying the loom while some went dormant in the heat and are resprouting now. Maybe they will re bloom in Fall. I think I lost a couple in the dry heat so next year will use a shade cloth like you did.
There are some vacant spots in my day lily bed.They are either gone or gone dormant and may re-sprout, lets see.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

I dug some vacant areas in my lawn where once there were daylilies. They had rotted. I was able to salvage roots of one so I recommend dig and see. If there is rot then pot them till stable. I get the feeling tilling is important for daylilies in our monsoon time to decrease chance of rot. They are water loving but some varieties will be susceptible.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

I think you are right, I wasn't here and no one cared to drain the beds. I was thinking of raising the beds which amounts to up rooting the plant but now I will work on better drainage.
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

I am thinking the same thing Brig Saheb. I was wondering if the best time to uproot and then re-plant daylilies after raising the beds would be mid-February. I think any later and the oncoming heat will stress them.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

I will work on better drainage.
Arif

Return to “Brig Arif's Garden”