Crazy me

Our Most experienced and seasoned Gardener shares his Blooms

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Crazy me

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Beautiful, but I don’t like it, there is something in this plant that compels me to remove it from my garden, a month back I destroyed about 80 pots which my Mali had planted in my absence.
The plant has melancholic looks which I detest, why plant a plant that does not induce joy and happiness when you look it in bloom.

There is another plant that I grow for others but am not fond of it, don’t ask me why, because I don’t know myself WHY.

Crazy :geek:
omerkhalid
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Love to grow all types of plants especially Vines, Succulents, bulbs and many more

Re: Crazy me

Post by omerkhalid »

I know why, at least why "i" dont like these plants, both of these plants dot our memories from childhood, they are so common and so much seen that now we see no interest in them at least the familiar colors, i have found myself adoring some of new varieties of cocks comb.
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

iam also not fond of Celosias but I like Marigolds because they bloom when nothing is blooming........
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote: The plant has melancholic looks which I detest
It's Human psychology to associate things, place etc with different phases of their life, events and mood they then faced.
Reminisce a little....... Maybe its reminding you of phase of life when you were in fact melancholic.
I cherish items associated with sorrow more than ones related to joy. :mrgreen:
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

Companions to bare your soul.......
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Both are beautiful & Omer i don,t agree with you that if some thing is common its not beautiful & if some thing is rear its beautiful. Specially the marigold is so beautiful flower.Yes personal taste differs thats another thing & thats why gardening is very personal hobby.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

My daughter cant tolerate the common red rose or its perfume, perhaps for its association with DEAD.
I have a senna bicapsularis (winter Cassia)in full bloom in front of my hose, many a time I have decided to remove it, in fact I have already planted its replacement beside it. It has survived so far on vote of its admirers, but I do not like it.

I paid a lot for the seedling of Melaleuca, took the bait from the advertised picture (below) and have learnt a lesson (do not buy any thing unless you have seen it in full bloom on the ground). I was told it was a new introduction and then I saw a full grown one in Lahore, yes I was dis-appointed, now mine has started to bloom, but no kicks.

Picture of my plant will follow in a day or two.
Arif
omerkhalid
Gardening Interests: Love to grow all types of plants especially Vines, Succulents, bulbs and many more

Post by omerkhalid »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Both are beautiful & Omer i don,t agree with you that if some thing is common its not beautiful & if some thing is rear its beautiful. Specially the marigold is so beautiful flower.Yes personal taste differs thats another thing & thats why gardening is very personal hobby.

Hmm you may be right there but i have had too much of these plants and i guess thats the only reason i dont like these familiar colours, i also admit that any new colours in the same plants do catch my eye and you are right its very personal
mikhurram
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

I noticed that there was a dwarf Cockscomb variety in dark red colour planted by PHA in the main roads and these dwarf red cockscombs planted in mass bed used to look very striking. Even though i bought some seeds of dwarf Cockscomb variety but forget to sow them. Next year hopefully. The positive thing about them is during the summer months there is not much of option in terms of varieties that can be sown when compared varieties which can be grown these days from seed.
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Even with me I do not like some plant not because they are common or dull but they are infact very beautiful but I do not like it because I have seen it in times that were worse.
Yes! some beautiful varieties are there for e.g orange colored with yellow lining. It is so eye catching and beautiful to me.

Return to “Brig Arif's Garden”