Gardenia Florida

Our Most experienced and seasoned Gardener shares his Blooms

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Gardenia Florida

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Gardenia Florida is in full bloom here in my garden Arif sb.its fragrance is so nice i love it.
I still think Motia and Farangipani have a better fragrance.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Arif sb sir i only love the White with yellow center Farangipani.I have planted so many times but it does not survive our winters.Its fragrance is so nice & flowers are so appealing.But i,l keep it trying in future.The other colors i don,t like at all.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Arif sb sir i only love the White with yellow center Farangipani.I have planted so many times but it does not survive our winters.Its fragrance is so nice & flowers are so appealing.But i,l keep it trying in future.The other colors i don,t like at all.
I totally agree with you, white with rounded leaves and yellow centre has the strongest fragrance and the only one worth growing.

Arif
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Re: Gardenia Thunbergia

Post by Munir »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:The only bush of my Gardenia Thunbergia also responded to iron sulphate treatment, it is now on buds, one bud on tip of each branch like Florida.
Arif
With what name is it available in the market & on seed store or fertilizers store or scientific store ?
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Sir Arif your tree is gorgeous.Yes exactly i am talking of the rounded leaves variety.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Munir wrote:
Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:The only bush of my Gardenia Thunbergia also responded to iron sulphate treatment, it is now on buds, one bud on tip of each branch like Florida.
Arif
With what name is it available in the market & on seed store or fertilizers store or scientific store ?
Ferrous sulphate is available at scientific Chemical stores at 1/100 the price being charged at seed shops.
Rohail Asad
City: Wah-Cantt
Gardening Interests: I have interest in flowering plants(both annuals and perennials)

Post by Rohail Asad »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:
Munir wrote:
Arif
Ferrous sulphate is available at scientific Chemical stores at 1/100 the price being charged at seed shops.
Sir, i am a learner, non-expert, crazy gardner and i am trying new things foolishly.
When i was planting gardenia and read advice for Ferrous sulphate from gardening forum members( especially Izhar bhai strongly adviced ) so i decided to apply Ferrous sulphate but in my city there is no scientific Chemical store or seed shop. My father advised me to purchase Ferrous sulphate syrup or tablet from medical store. So i purchased tablets very cheap (100 tab/47Rs. 200 mg each) and it worked good for my plants. Was my action right ???
If i am right than my action is useful for gardners of small cities.
Thanks
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Post by M Farooq »

Very interesting observation Rohail. Could you add more details of your procedure to cure yellowing of gardenia?
Rohail Asad
City: Wah-Cantt
Gardening Interests: I have interest in flowering plants(both annuals and perennials)

Post by Rohail Asad »

M Farooq wrote:Very interesting observation Rohail. Could you add more details of your procedure to cure yellowing of gardenia?
Sir Farooq, because of the shortage of time i can not afford to dissolve tablets in water and then pour to pots. so i insert two tablets near the roots, 2 inch deep, 4 times a year.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Rohail, PM me your address and I will gift you a Kg.
Arif

Return to “Brig Arif's Garden”