THE SPRING CHARMS 2013 !!!

Lovely Container gardening

Moderator: Izhar

KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Re: THE SPRING CHARMS 2013 !!!

Post by KBW »

Ah... refrigerating the bulbs. I also tried this technique long time back but it's quite a hardwork and sometimes, despite all hardwork and precautions, corms and rhizomes from colder regions are very difficult to flower and true bulbls don't flower second year. After a couple of years I realised that with much less hardwork, I could grow a much bigger variety of plants that were suited to the climate where I lived. I wish you all the best, brother. :)
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Words of wisdom yes, but how about some of us who like to show plants that others do not have and some who grow them to be able to say I also have it :lol:
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Post by Syed Adnan »

Yes i agree to these three golden rules :
1. Grow the amount which can easily be managed.
2. Grow the weather favourable plants.
3. Successful percentage can never be 100, so dont get dishearted by failures.

By the way some plants are so fascinating that i couldn't resist trying them, like tulips :D
KBW
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:Words of wisdom yes, but how about some of us who like to show plants that others do not have and some who grow them to be able to say I also have it :lol:
I agree Arif sahib. Growing plants which are unique and others don't possess is something that any plant lover would like to achieve and I have been a victim of this feeling too. But when you love something, you care for it too, specially if it happens to be a living being.

One day many years ago, a stupid thought came to my mind that what if a Cactus living in Sahara Desert had the powers to import humans from Pakistan and keep them in Sahara Desert for his amusement. What if that Cactus had imported me and in order to make me survive Sahara heat, had kept me inside an ice box and given me a doze of "Gond Kateera" twice a day. Or may be some Moss living in Antarctica, knowing that I am from a hot climate country, would have kept me wrapped in the polar bear skin and made me eat "Salajeet" every day in order to make me survive Arctic winters. After having succeeded in keeping me alive, both Catcus and Moss would have derived lot of pleasure out of it and might have perhaps felt proud of it too. But how would have I felt?

I know it's a very stupid and bizarre thought and utterly non-practical too as plants or animals would never have the powers to keep me or any human being as a pet but it somehow changed the way I treated my plants and animals. Since that day onwards, I have not kept any plants or animals unless I can provide them the environment of their liking. If I cant, I better not have them. That precisely was the reason that I stayed without any plants in my home for many years as I could not take care of them properly due to my commitments. Once, I lost a great collection of tropical plants when I had to move to a colder area. Slowly and gradually, they all died despite all precautions that I took. I still feel I killed them. That led me to the study of natural habitats and ecosystems from where these plants and animals originate and which, for me personally, has been an eye opener. But that is just a personal feeling and I won't like to preach it to others. My apologies Sir if I have bored you with this philosophy :mrgreen:

@Syed Adnan
Sir Sorry for cluttering your thread with something irrelevant. I don't mean any disrespect to you or anyone. You are a great plant lover and so are most of the members in this forum. Just sharing my personal feelings. :)
Sir
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

AOA KBW, I totally endorse your view, I only grow what will survive without a lot of artificial suport.
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor

Post by Syed Adnan »

@KBW: Nice , i respect your feelings for plants.

But remmeber if a plant is blooming . it is a happy plant :D
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor

Post by Syed Adnan »

Hibiscus rosa-sinensis
Attachments
Hybisscus (5).jpg
Hybiscus (8).jpg
Hybiscus (5).jpg
KBW
Donor
Donor

Post by KBW »

Muhammad Arif Khan and Syed Adnan
Thanks for your understanding :)

BTW, these are beautiful looking Habiscus. Excellent. I always loved the orange colour with dark red / black eye. Do you have more colours?
Syed Adnan wrote:But remmeber if a plant is blooming . it is a happy plant
Absolutely right, only if the plant has done so in the normal course, without any artificial treatment. :)
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Nice Habiscus, once I was crazy about them and had 13 different kind of trpical HabiscusKnow I have only 4 Tropical and a few Hardy Habiscus.
Farhan Ahmed
City: Risalpur/Karachi
Gardening Interests: Annuals,Herbaceous Perennials, Landscaping,Cottage Garden

Post by Farhan Ahmed »

JUST AMAZING!

Return to “Syed Adnan's Garden from Jubail”