Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor
City: Darwin
Gardening Interests: Bulbs, Tubers, Climbers, Annuals, Orchids,

Re: THE SPRING CHARMS 2013 !!!

Post by Syed Adnan »

Brig. Sb.

This is one of the easiest to keep and re-bloom as our weather suits the plant, i would recommend it to all plant lovers of Pak, i have its tall variety reaching 3.5 feet it has astonishing blooms, i used to remove them from soil after the foilage died in May, i keep them indoors in cardboard box in an airconditioned room in complete darkness, monthly check is necessary, one can leave the bulbs in soil as well but i never tried, in Nov i sow them back otherwise they start sprouting in boxes, they produce numerous cormlets but i found difficult to keep cormlets alive , still my glads are increasing in number steadily. :).

Note: The key to success is the quality of corm when purchased, mostly vendors are selling diseased corms which never blooms.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

I do the same thing... 2-3 corms which are left out in the bed, sprout in August... one of the most dependable bulbous plant..
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

The KLM nemesia is so beautiful.one of my favorite nemasia color along Danish flag.
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor

Post by Syed Adnan »

Thanks Umar, i don't know the name of this Nemesia. I wonder Nemesia despite of their beauty are unpopular these days. :o
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Nemesia is one of the most beautiful early flowering annual.Specially the Nebula hybrid is very compact & brightly colored.the reason what i think is that its time of flowering is very short.secondly when we are new in gardening we like to try every thing but with passage of time we make our choice narrower.i have grown so many annuals in past but now i am very selectable.long blooming,less expensive & easy to grow annuals are my first choice.its my personal thinking.you will see mainly petunias,pansies & Dragons in my garden.
In 98 i grown this color along Danish flag.as i prefer mostly separate colors so i grown it in separate color.i like annuals in separate colors.this is also one reason i don,t grow many annuals any more as they are not available in separate colors.Ranunculus one of my all time favorite i am not growing it any more for the same reason.
Mrs REhman
City: islamabad
Gardening Interests: organic, kithcen gardening in pots

Post by Mrs REhman »

loved the beutiful flowers ma sha Allah.....the geranium that i have is not blooming ...is it because the cold weather of ISBD?
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor

Post by Syed Adnan »

Sorry for late reply, was away from the forum for a few months. How are your Geraniums now ? Might have bloomed in spring .
Mrs REhman
City: islamabad
Gardening Interests: organic, kithcen gardening in pots

Post by Mrs REhman »

its fine Adnan bhai...I was also away from the forum due to my daughter's first term papers and certain other appointments.
the geraniums did not bloom...nd these days they are wilting ...tough i am conscious about not to water them enough...and the pots have excellent draining as well...still...no flowers, and all wilting leaves.
Syed Adnan
Donor
Donor

Post by Syed Adnan »

Do u see black colored patches on stem / branches , stem rot is a common problem so as root rot, I have grown them for years in pots and have understood that watering is very critical , my Geraniums did grow in very dry conditions unless roots established and plant grew up . There is nothing u can do on a wilting Geranium if it is under fungal attack . Next time u have to be very careful on selection of pot size , as small as possible, more drainage holes, put gravel at bottom and soil medium must have sand . Treat them like succulents while watering in winters. Good luck !

Return to “Syed Adnan's Garden from Jubail”