Mulberry -morus macroura - Shatoot

Exchange of plants and seeds between members ONLY!!!!!!. No commercial selling/advertisements allowed. Contact Admin for business related posts.

Moderator: Izhar

UMAR KHAN

Re: Mulberry -morus macroura - Shatoot

Post by UMAR KHAN »

i meant packing the bare rooted plants will be easy
oyfili
City: calabria

Post by oyfili »

I have asked phytosanitary office of Milan and they told me that I do not even need an import certificate or a phitosanitary one wheter I'm going to buy no more than 5 plants. Hope that someone would help me to find the trees and to buy them!
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by tweedle2009 »

oyfili wrote:I have asked phytosanitary office of Milan and they told me that I do not even need an import certificate or a phitosanitary one wheter I'm going to buy no more than 5 plants. Hope that someone would help me to find the trees and to buy them!
Would you like them to be shipped while it's 45C here?
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

oyfili wrote:I guess that colder months are the best to ship plants to prevent loss of moisture with subsequently death of the roots due to drying out. They would be dormant too and that would increase the final rate of success. That jelly sounds good, but even some wet newspaper would make it even although I do not have any experience with long trips.
OK.Just remind me in november/december.I'll send you all the plants that you want.Shipping charge is on you.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

khabbab wrote:
tweedle2009 wrote:anyone here got any idea if they can survive 7-8 days of shipping when bareroot?
What about that specially jelly which orchids sellers at Singapore airport use to preserve the plant roots?
Never heard of anything like that before but that's a good point that you made.I have agar powder so I can make a gel that will hold moisture for roots.
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Chris wait for the nov,when the temprature is dropped.this is not the right time for shipping the plants.Adnan is right it round about 40-43 c here.in Italy it will also be summer.please wait untill nov.shatoot is very common in our country.Adnan will send you both varities.if you need the afghani i will send some plants to adnan to send you.so you will get the full range of grafted mulberry.
oyfili
City: calabria

Post by oyfili »

thank you pals! Let`s keep in touch then! the afghani one sounds very good, do you have some pictures of the fruits??

Adnan I will pay for every costs! Can you estimate of much would cost shipping for 5 trees?
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

tweedle2009 wrote:
khabbab wrote:
tweedle2009 wrote:anyone here got any idea if they can survive 7-8 days of shipping when bareroot?
What about that specially jelly which orchids sellers at Singapore airport use to preserve the plant roots?
Never heard of anything like that before but that's a good point that you made.I have agar powder so I can make a gel that will hold moisture for roots.

Baby diapers have the same stuff in them, many brugmansia & orchid growers use these in their potting mix i.e. the water holding crystals from diapers..
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

Izhar wrote:

Baby diapers have the same stuff in them, many brugmansia & orchid growers use these in their potting mix i.e. the water holding crystals from diapers..
I'll have to wait untill 2013 to know what a diaper contains inside itself :p Single ***
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

lol, none of the shop keeper would dare to ask whether you are buying it for your baby or plants...

Return to “Exchange Plants/Seeds”