Mulberry -morus macroura - Shatoot

Exchange of plants and seeds between members ONLY!!!!!!. No commercial selling/advertisements allowed. Contact Admin for business related posts.

Moderator: Izhar

oyfili
City: calabria

Mulberry -morus macroura - Shatoot

Post by oyfili »

I am looking for this mulberry tree, can anyone help?
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Mulberry -morus macroura - Shatoot

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

There are Four local Varieties Black, small and large; White, Small and Large. The small ones are called wild ones and are propagated from cuttings. The large ones are grafted on the wild as they have better root system. The flavour of white and black is a little different and so is the taste, the black has sour ting. Both are cheap and easily available at local nurseries. If Looked after they grow fast and bear fruit in 3 years. I plated them as wind breakers at Thokar where they have flourished very well. A friend of mine brought a M tree fron England, the fruit was slimy and not worth eating.
oyfili

Post by oyfili »

thank you for you explanation.
How long are the berries?
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Arif sb is right.mulbery is very fast growing tree.i have the grafted black and white varities.these days they are in fruit.the long is grafted and is clled locally shatoot.the short one is called toot locally.in the the short version there is also agrafted variety which is called afghani tooth.the fruit of afghani melbery is short but fat in size & sweeter than the wild one.it is used as dry fruit in our country & Afghanistan.the wild one is called chinese tooth localy.its the melberry used to keep the silk insects.
as the taste is concerned white shatooth is superior to black.but there is no much diffrence in taste.
oyfili

Post by oyfili »

can anyone help me to find black and white shatoot? It would be great to try the afghani one too!
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Both white and black Shahtoot when dried are sweeter than dried Afghani.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by tweedle2009 »

Pals!!! how can we send you these plants ?
oyfili

Post by oyfili »

maybe by Pakistan postal service? I will pay for every cost! Here I cannot find such trees!
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

oyfili wrote:maybe by Pakistan postal service? I will pay for every cost! Here I cannot find such trees!
I'll send them to you as a gift.If sending bareroot via postal service I'll be sending them to you as gift.But if they are to be shipped via EMS or potted then you'll have to pay original shipping cost.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

anyone here got any idea if they can survive 7-8 days of shipping when bareroot?

Return to “Exchange Plants/Seeds”