Mango Scion Needed

Exchange of plants and seeds between members ONLY!!!!!!. No commercial selling/advertisements allowed. Contact Admin for business related posts.

Moderator: Izhar

Jamie
City: Brighton

Mango Scion Needed

Post by Jamie »

Hello

Welcome from Brighton in England. I have visited Pakistan three times (Lahore and Sialkot) and I was once sent a beautiful box of Mangoes - the best possible - it is hard to buy a decent Mango here but these were brilliant. Anyway, I have successfully grown a small Mango tree from the seed of one of these Mangoes and it is about 5 foot high.

I would like to graft is so that it can grow fruit. Can anyone supply me with Scions or budwood from a fruiting tree? I will of course pay for the DHL cost to here and would be happy to send back any apple or local fruit tree seeds or scions you might need

I am growing the tree inside as it is of course too cold here for Mango to grow.

Thanks for any help.

Jamie
M Farooq
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant Tropical Plants Ornamental Trees Vines

Re: Mango Scion Needed

Post by M Farooq »

Jamie wrote:Hello
Welcome from Brighton in England. I have visited Pakistan three times (Lahore and Sialkot) and I was once sent a beautiful box of Mangoes - the best possible - it is hard to buy a decent Mango here but these were brilliant. Anyway, I have successfully grown a small Mango tree from the seed of one of these Mangoes and it is about 5 foot high.
I would like to graft is so that it can grow fruit. Can anyone supply me with Scions or budwood from a fruiting tree? I will of course pay for the DHL cost to here and would be happy to send back any apple or local fruit tree seeds or scions you might need
I am growing the tree inside as it is of course too cold here for Mango to grow.
Jamie
Welcome Jamie. Mango is indeed the king of fruits. Just for my own knowledge, I am wondering how do you think a scion will survive travelling for few days?

BTW, in my experience, from the mango trees we had at our old home was that a seed grown non-grafted mangoes tree, would bear fruit after a long time (probably after 5-6 years). It would grow really tall. The fruits of seed grown mangoes were absolutely delicious and very sweet. The fruits were admittedly small than the grafted ones. Given that your tree is from a good tasting mango, it will bear tasty fruits sooner or later even if you are unable to get a scion. Good luck with your experiments.

Return to “Exchange Plants/Seeds”