Banana Plant

Exchange of plants and seeds between members ONLY!!!!!!. No commercial selling/advertisements allowed. Contact Admin for business related posts.

Moderator: Izhar

mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Banana Plant

Post by mikhurram »

An year ago i planted a Banana plant and now i have 7 or 8 spare healthy rhizomes having a height of 7 or 8 feet. I am not sure whether this a fruiting variety or a ornamental variety but my gut instinct is that this is an ornamental banana. All i know is that variety was supposedly imported from Thailand. I will be removing the suckers from the ground within a day for two. Interested persons can PM me for free collection. It would be difficult for me to ship outside the city as the size of the suckers is huge even after cutting the foliage.
Mustansir Billah
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Roses Fragrant plants vegetable plants and fruit plants.

Re: Banana Plant

Post by Mustansir Billah »

Separate your banana tree suckers and if the original plant have never given fruit then it will give fruit then. The veriety you are talking about gives one or hardly two times fruit then dies out or remain that way i.e not gives fruit. The suckers will give fruit in two months time. (My Experience) If wrong seniors correct me.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: Banana Plant

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Mustansir Billah wrote:Separate your banana tree suckers and if the original plant have never given fruit then it will give fruit then. The veriety you are talking about gives one or hardly two times fruit then dies out or remain that way i.e not gives fruit. The suckers will give fruit in two months time. (My Experience) If wrong seniors correct me.
I am getting wiser.

Return to “Exchange Plants/Seeds”