fruits

Exchange of plants and seeds between members ONLY!!!!!!. No commercial selling/advertisements allowed. Contact Admin for business related posts.

Moderator: Izhar

sara

fruits

Post by sara »

does anyone have any berries or small fruit trees that i can grow in Karachi ?
Sara
UMAR KHAN

Re: fruits

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Sara fruit trees are not suited to containers.how ever u can try chinese lemon,lesbon lemon.you can also try mango Sensation.its a dwarf mango tree with red fruits.
sara

Post by sara »

hmm berries seem to be small enough to grow in containers ....
can you tell me where i could find seeds for the mango and lemons ?
Sara
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

About dwarf berries i dont know cause which variety i have is the grafted beri forming a large tree.fruit trees never come true to rype from seeds.you have to purchase grafted plants of chinese lemon and sensation mango.lesbon lemon are avable as layred plants in spring.about avability in karachi Izhar and Mir sb can guide you better.sensation is genetically dwarf mango tree,suited to large container culture.Karachi cliamate is fit for mangoes.
forcetrip
City: Karachi

Post by forcetrip »

Could anyone guide me about these mango trees? How big do they get? How much room would they need if planted outside a pot? Do different graftings produce different tasting fruits or that depends on the nourishment they get? Is it possible to keep them small and have them fruit as usual? Lastly, where can I get a grafting for it?
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

Aoa mango taste & fiber percntage vary from variety to variety.langda has more fibre as compaired to Sindhdi.Purchase good quality plants of Sindhdi & Bahasht e sammar.these are top varities of the sindh.never plant mango tree near to a building cause its root run is wide.so it can damage the foundations.give it plenty of room.if you need dwarf plants then try the Sensation.its hight is no more than 10 ft.its a late fruit variety.the fruit is also very decorative.but can not compete in taste our local varities.oh i forgot the variety AL PHANSO.this is a coastal areas mango varity.a top class variety which we can only grow in coastal areas like Karachi.
sara

Post by sara »

UMAR KHAN wrote:Aoa mango taste & fiber percntage vary from variety to variety.langda has more fibre as compaired to Sindhdi.Purchase good quality plants of Sindhdi & Bahasht e sammar.these are top varities of the sindh.never plant mango tree near to a building cause its root run is wide.so it can damage the foundations.give it plenty of room.if you need dwarf plants then try the Sensation.its hight is no more than 10 ft.its a late fruit variety.the fruit is also very decorative.but can not compete in taste our local varities.oh i forgot the variety AL PHANSO.this is a coastal areas mango varity.a top class variety which we can only grow in coastal areas like Karachi.

so where do we get these trees from ?
Sara
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

from the nursery of Karachi University... this is the only reliable place for exact fruit tree variety in Karachi.. however, the best place to buy mango varieties are agriculture universities of our country..

Return to “Exchange Plants/Seeds”