In search of plants!

Exchange of plants and seeds between members ONLY!!!!!!. No commercial selling/advertisements allowed. Contact Admin for business related posts.

Moderator: Izhar

dragoonsers
City: Karachi

In search of plants!

Post by dragoonsers »

Hey i live in karachi and am in search of good lemon plants which give the big fruit eg.ponderosa but those which are better suited to our climate. I went to nurseries and most have what is called 'china leemu" ya phir the small fruit variety. I would really appreciate if someone can help me out.

Also looking for floribunda and miniature roses if anyone has em.

I know if i look hard in nurseries i can find them but its better for my satisfaction to buy them from someone on this forum because nursery people are big big cheaters usually!
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: In search of plants!

Post by AhmadIrfan »

HI, i've got the ponderosa lemon planted here in lahore for about 5 years but i wouldnt recommend it, the fruit though is big in size but overall you dont get enough juice out of it.
Attachments
photo (3).JPG
photo (3).JPG (132.37 KiB) Viewed 5243 times
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by mirafzalkhan »

You can find big size lemon or lime tree in agricultural nurseries. The nearest to the Karachi are in Gharoo, Thatta or Hyderabad.
For Miniature Roses, wait for flower show held at sea view in Feb. or March every year.

Miniature Roses at Flower Show 2011
dragoonsers

Post by dragoonsers »

Sir i am 20 years old and i dont think my parents would like the idea of me driving all the way to gharo and thatta to get plants :p
UMAR KHAN

Post by UMAR KHAN »

i,l never recommend Ponderosa lemon if its the matter of pulp.for ornamental purpose i,l highly recommend it.I agree with Irfan.try Eureka lemon or Lisbon lemon.they are of medium sized lemons but more pulpy.
dragoonsers

Post by dragoonsers »

Mr.Umar i will get in touch with you! i read lisbon is very thorny with long thorns too!
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

If anyone has any leads to any nursery growing the lisbon lemon here in lahore do letme know.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

What Lemon is this?
Size of medium Kinno, Thin skin, seedless,nice flavour. The fruit are in bunches.

dragoonsers

Post by dragoonsers »

And if anyone is growing it in karachi tou tell me please. I can't go to thatta or badin :o
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

I am growing one like this but the fruits are not as huge as a kino but still 3 times to the size of common lemon.No seeds.

Return to “Exchange Plants/Seeds”