Ahmad Irfans Garden

A passionate Gardener from Lahore

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Ahmad Irfans Garden

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting Ahmad Irfans residence at Thokar Niaz Baig.
I have seen resident gardens of very rich, maintained by professionals on contract. It was of the same standard on a smaller scale and by far the best of the home gardens of our class.
His containers were delightful, showing exuberant growth covered with flowers.
We create lot of fuss regarding container soil. He uses simple canal silt with lot of compost, making his own compost.
The landscaping, shrubs, palms and hedges are all excellent.
I recommend all Lahore members to visit him say coming Sunday, I will not mind accompanying you.

Ahmad, how about a photographic panorama of your garden.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: Ahmad Irfans Garden

Post by khabbab »

Would like to take photographs of his garden. Let us see how many lahore gardeners show interest :)
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

once someone on this forum proposed an idea of monthly get to gather bw forum members?
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

Yes adnan. I think spring is the best time to do it. At least those members who have space they should be ready. I have PM irfan regarding his availability on weekend. After his green signal i will send PM to all lahore members. Members can also show their interest directly on this thread.

The famous wisteria of Brig Arif is ready for us coming week end. I am very anxious to sniff its fragrance and capture the hanging clusters of flowers. The next one can be Brig Arif. We can visit both of these in one go as well. One is thokar niaz beg the other is Gulberg. Yours can be next when all 3 beauties are in full swing.

Future visits can be made to Aykhan and Rafique.
Lahore gardening blog
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

I just pray after all the rain we had tonight , my jade vine doesn't loose all it's flowers :D ... Gerberas are in flower, adeniums aregearing up to flower.Daylilies will start flowering in may.I m always ready.
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Thank you Sir you are too kind in your description of my garden i was rather intimated by your perfect garden creating a heaven amongst all the hap hazard commercial development taking place at thokar niaz baig. Looking at your garden compels me to do more in my garden to make it as perfect as yours.
rafique
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Agreed with Khabbab's suggestion.

Rafique
Rafique
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Khabbab, Good Idea, tell you what, let us all assemble at my house, Enjoy the beauty and fragrance of Wisteria and after a cold drink move on to Thokar Niaz baig. My garden there is also now presentable, after a cup of tea we can move on to Ahmad Irfans house,
khabbab
Founder
Founder

Post by khabbab »

Opps there is a problem from my end. I will be in Gujrat this sunday due to health reasons of my family. Either we can defer to next sunday or you guys can coordinate to each other and go there i will join in next get Together. Sorry again.
Lahore gardening blog
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

All interested may contact me
Arif 0321 4639444.

Return to “Ahmed Irfan's Garden”