A passionate Gardener from Lahore

Moderator: Izhar

aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: Ahmad Irfans Garden

Post by aykhan »

Brig saheb most likely I will be able to make it this Sunday. Please let us know the time to get together at your place. We can also defer to next Sunday if all agree since Khabbab will be here then also.
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

Everyone is most welcome to visit my garden, sunday is perfect for me bt since khabab will not be able to join us on sunday i can take an early leave on saturday, if it is convenient for everyone else we can make it for saturday around 4 pm.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Post by khabbab »

AhmadIrfan wrote:Everyone is most welcome to visit my garden, sunday is perfect for me bt since khabab will not be able to join us on sunday i can take an early leave on saturday, if it is convenient for everyone else we can make it for saturday around 4 pm.
That is too kind of you Ahmed. Actually i will be leaving lahore on saturday 7am morning and return on 4pm sunday. Please you guys do continue and have a get together. I have messaged every member of lahore regarding it and we should not put it back due to one person. We can surely have another visit on the weekend of 23 March holiday which is friday. So i will join in the next one. Thanks ahmed once again.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
Johara
Donor
Donor
City: Karachi

Post by Johara »

Ahmad, please post photos of your garden for those of us who do not live in Lahore and can't join the meeting. Thanks
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

To be honest I hardly find my garden pleasing it's Mr Arif sb who is too kind to describe my garden in such nice words, I will post pics inshallah soon
aykhan
Donor
Donor

Post by aykhan »

Ahmed most of us on this forum are new to gardening and I think we are cautious in acknowledging what we have achieved as splendid. Knowing the immense possibilities hidden in this field after experincing the multiple challenges we try to achieve more and more, in this we discover nature and become humble since after all we are dealing with living things. For me as a parent and as a doctor I can relate very easily to gardening as in rearing, caring and nourishing something which is a creation of God and living. The scientist in each of us loves to get into intricacies of fertilization, pesticides, soil pH, micronutrients, soil types etc which satisfies our ingrained human thirst to perfect.

Johara just posted an excellent garden of a gentleman in Islamabad which is something we would all aspire to achieve, however, to tell you the truth despite I having transferred my barren yard into something somewhat worthwhile (by my low standards) in the past year with a lot of hard work, the most pleasure I got was seeing some seeds sprout after 3 months of monitoring and then becoming reasonable plants, fighting to protect my roses from fungus, struggling to save my almost dead gardenia and finally 6 months later seeing it sprout etc. Yesterday I noticed small flowers on some weeds which had grown in the bed and the few minutes I spent appreciating even that was the best part in my garden that day. Little things bring pleasure, it could be a waft of fragrance from a single rose bloom or a sprouting bud from a dormant bulb....

We would love to see your garden .....
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

I hope my garden doesnt disappoint,hope to see everyone on sunday.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Ahmad i think i should have a trip to Lahore just to visit your beautiful garden.please post some recent pictures of your garden.
AhmadIrfan
Donor
Donor

Post by AhmadIrfan »

You are welcome anytime Umar
shahnaaz
City: karachi

Post by shahnaaz »

Brilliant work brother,