A Master Gardener and a Rosarian from Marden/Islamabad

Moderator: Izhar

aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: PORTULACA SUNDIAL,the garden jewels

Post by aykhan »

I am looking for and have many vines now, list is long :D Consider this, if it's fragrant I probably will have it soon if not already. I have Nerine sarniences var corusca major but they are dormant since I bought them which was in fall. I cannot say if they are dormant or dead.......I can just hope for the best..... :?
Maybe the portulaca thread is not liking us with our roses and bulbs talk......we can move to another thread, realated or new.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Actually i have gone through annuals,perinials,bulbs,vines,fruit trees but now finally i have developed deep love for Rose.the same case is with my other hobby,i kept so many parrots,doves,pheasants but i in love with peacocks.both are my hobbies from my child hood.the first plant i brought to my garden was Canna,i was just 10 years at that time.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Haris dear i think you are a new gardner thats why you said it reminds you only mazars.rose is the most loved flower in gardening community.any how gardening is a matter of very personal taste.
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Khan sb purchase budded roses & remove the hybrid buds.plant it in a corner just as mother plants.take cuttings in fall & plant.when you get good quality stems bud on them in monsoon.
haris.kabir
City: Rawalpindi

Post by haris.kabir »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Haris dear i think you are a new gardner thats why you said it reminds you only mazars.rose is the most loved flower in gardening community.any how gardening is a matter of very personal taste.
I apologize if i hurt your feelings regarding my opinion about roses, Umar Sahab. :(
As I am also obsessed with gardening from my childhood but strangely like my meals, I am also very selective in growing plants. We had roses a long time ago and the best memo I had of them was act torturing them by not watering them and making them wilt. Then watering them to see the 'magic' happen, :mrgreen:
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

What other plant can give you large blooms, several of them and almost all 12 months of the year other than roses, plus the fact that they are fragrant and have many varieties! :D
UMARKHANMARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

No Haris your words have not hurt my feelings.i have already told gardening is a matter of personal taste.my view point was you will into specific plants when your taste matures.secondly every plant has its own place in a garden.i also grow annuals,fruits & bulbs.Amaryllis is my favorite bulb.i don,t prefer bulbs because they sre not fit in our climates but fit in Abbottabad or Murree.brother i never mind,forum is for open discussions.i grow Amaryllis in so many colors,i love it,its exotic touch.but rose is my favorite.
KAMasud
City: RawalPindi

Post by KAMasud »

Sir jee maybe he might be talking about the Queen of all roses, the Desi Rose. I cannot imagine a life without roses and the heady fragrance of desi rose, aaah thats the ultimate.
Regards.

Return to “Umar Khan's Garden”