Amaryllis

A Master Gardener and a Rosarian from Marden/Islamabad

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: Amaryllis

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Aoa Arif sb i planted them as soon as they arrived.Arif sb Lahore is warmer than Mardan thats why they are blooming late.Indoor Amaryllis has already bloomed here.Its 21 C today after a long time.It was 13 C yesterday.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Aoa Arif sb i planted them as soon as they arrived.Arif sb Lahore is warmer than Mardan thats why they are blooming late.Indoor Amaryllis has already bloomed here.Its 21 C today after a long time.It was 13 C yesterday.
Umar there was a specific reason for asking the question.
The bulbs supplied by reputable firms are always treated (chilled) bulbs which start sprouting as soon as they are exposed to warmer environment (sold for indoor blooming). If the bulbs have not been pre-chilled or even chilled bulbs if they remain exposed to cold environment, remain dormant until the temperatures increase and the advantage of chilling is lost.
Winter blooms last much longer than the spring blooms therefor start them in doors and as the scape appear shift them along a sunny wall.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Yes sir i know they are specially forced for X-Mass indoor display. But i don,t keep them indoors.

Return to “Umar Khan's Garden”