Sahrifa Asma different shades

A Master Gardener and a Rosarian from Marden/Islamabad

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Sahrifa Asma different shades

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Kabbab dear these are flowers on four different shrubs planted in same location which receives full sun.I feed mine with old cow manure plus DAP after hard pruning & in early spring foliar spray of NPK 20,20,20.
khabbab
Founder
Founder
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Climbers, fragrant plants, drought tolerant plants, container plants

Re: Sahrifa Asma different shades

Post by khabbab »

Last one is dark pink. I will also try to post mine, they are just like your first pic.
Lahore gardening blog
http://www.lahoregardening.com
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

I could,t understand why it happens.its not because the blooms are getting older & changes the color, not because of fertilization, not because of sun light they receive.
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Umar bhai Sharifa Asma at my place has an entirely different shade. In fact had it not come with tags, I would have thought that it is something like Champagne Moment or Chandos Beauty but it came with the tags of Sharifa Asma. Please have a look at the pics....

These pics were taken two days back. Could it be due to difference in soil but seeing the shape of flower, it doesn't look like a Sharifa Asma to me at all.

regards
mikhurram
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Rose, Iris, Daylilies, Bulbs, Rhizomes, Perennial flowers & Fragrant plants.

Post by mikhurram »

Well Sir the first image does not appear to be of Asma Sharifa whose image is being shown below. The shape of the flower in the 2nd image matches that of Asma Sharifa but colour is light yellow instead of pink.

regards,

In addition two further images can be viewed in below link.
http://gardeningpakistan.com/viewtopic. ... 4&start=20
hnasir
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Orchids
Roses
Citrus
Annuals

Post by hnasir »

Umar bhai beautiful pictures- it is an utmost beautiful rose and one of my favourties!

Mikhurram it is that delightful cup shape with the pink centre which looks so elegant!

And KBW I would say that the plant you have is not Sharifa Asma. Sharifa Asma also has distinct leaves- you can tell even without the flowers. I would say perhaps get it rechecked? OR maybe the nursery got the tags mixed up? What does it smell like?
KBW
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Khurram sb, both pics are of the same bush, just a different set of buds.

hnasir
It smells like Sharifa Asma, the leaves are also quite similar to Sharifa Asam but it doesn't really look like Sharifa Asam. I recognize the scent pretty well.
What intrigued me is the fact taht on many occasions I have photographed same rose in different countries and in different parts of Pakistan. One is at times absolutely amazed to see the difference in shade and it can happen due to change in climate and soil. If you see pics in the rose database which have mostly been taken by me, you would notice that the same rose at times might look quite different in a different climate / soil. The scent may also drastically vary with area and even on the same bush, during different seasons. This is what makes a rose such an interesting plant to study :)

regards

Return to “Umar Khan's Garden”