Coral tree

A Master Gardener and a Rosarian from Marden/Islamabad

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Coral tree

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

i brought a coral tree last week from Islamabad.i do not remember its exact name but its from the same family of Crista gali.please also ID it to me as i have forgotten the true name.
my Crista galli doing well after i applied some feros sulphate as Izhar gave me the idea.Thanks Izhar.Izhar have a look on the same Hydrangea after some dose of feros sulphate.
Izhar you can note the older leaves are still yellow but leaves from the top are getting dark green.i m trying this plant in our hot climate.3 at Mardan & two at Islamabad.lets see what happens.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Re: Coral tree

Post by Izhar »

Wow.. mashaAllah the use of ferrous sulfate has made a positive impact on these acid loving plants... so for the other members please describe how are you using ferrous sulfate like directly putting near the plants or dissolving in water first??

the coral tree looks like Erythrina bidwillii..
mirafzalkhan
Site Admin
Site Admin
City: Karachi

Post by mirafzalkhan »

Izhar wrote:Wow.. mashaAllah the use of ferrous sulfate has made a positive impact on these acid loving plants... so for the other members please describe how are you using ferrous sulfate like directly putting near the plants or dissolving in water first??
To understand what is the best method to provide Iron (Fe) to the Plants? First there is a need to know in which form plant takes iron from the soil? Plants take iron in the form of water soluble iron. When the soil is deficient in water soluble iron or iron becomes insoluble due the alkaline nature of soil the iron deficiency occur in plants. To control the deficiency we provide soluble iron to the plants. This soluble iron (Fe2+) comes from ferrous Sulphate solution which provides iron immediately to the plant. If we use dressing method the most part of ferrous also become unavailable to the plant because of alkaline nature of soil.
In case of extreme deficiency I normally use 200ppm Iron & after recovery 50ppm iron for 15 day feeding schedule. Every time I use freshly prepared solution.
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

It might be Erythrina blakae. There's a lot of it in the market these days, I bought one too.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

yes it clicked to my mind later its Black eye.Izhar feros has dramatic effects on Hydrageas.Mir sb thanks for the instructions.this is the main point for which i have joined this forum.

Return to “Umar Khan's Garden”