KOI fish in my Patio

Gardener from Peshawar shares his Blooms

Moderator: Izhar

Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Re: KOI fish in my Patio

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

If it would help I can add a step by step guide with explanations to setting up and maintaining an outdoor pond for fish, I would try and tailor it for the Pakistan climate.

This is the pond
Location, Lahore out door no shade area is dusty.
Size 14 feet radius, 4 1/2 feet deep tiled.
No filtration system, close circuit aeration through fountain.
Your guidence
Arif
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

Sir

Radius I understand to be measured from the centre point of circle to its perimeter. Diameter is double of that. Circumference of a circle is the length around it.

Perhaps I am having some difficulty with perspective from your pictures but if as you say your pond is 14 feet radius then that would make it 28 feet diameter and 87ft circumference. Containing almost 2500 cubic feet of water.

Scrutinising the photographs It appears you may be mistaken. If its 7 feet radius and 14 feet diameter therefore 44 feet circumference. It will be containing 615 cubic feet of water.

The volume of water is important when recommending the capacity/variety of fish and the filtration best suited to your pond.

I await your reply

Regards
Ifzal
Arbab
City: Peshawar

Post by Arbab »

UV light helps to keep the water clean . When the water pass through the UV tube it kils any algae seeds available in the water. A small bucket filter will solve the oxygen/aeration problem.One can also connect the out-pipe of the filter to the fountain, so no need for separate pump for fountain hose. Some bucket filters comes with internal UV lights. But remember to change the UV tube frequently,after 6-7 months the effectiveness of UV tube greatly decreases.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Perspectives can be deceptive, another view

You are right the tank is slightly smaller, the exact radius is 12 feet 7 inches.
Thanks
Arif
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

It again seems to be wrong. It can't be radius seeing its figure in relation to sizes of other articles around.It must de diameter, which here is the measurement from one edge of the pond wall to an opposite point of the wall, along line passing through centre of the fountain/pond.Radius is half of it.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Munir wrote:It again seems to be wrong. It can't be radius seeing its figure in relation to sizes of other articles around.It must de diameter, which here is the measurement from one edge of the pond wall to an opposite point of the wall, along line passing through centre of the fountain/pond.Radius is half of it.
May be you are right the measurements were done by some one I detailed, Tomorrow I will do it my self/
Arif
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Yesterday I measured it my self the diameter from wall to wall was 23 feet 1 inch, the base of the fountain has 3 feet Dia.
Regards
Arif
Munir
Donor
Donor
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Muhammad Arif Khan wrote:Yesterday I measured it my self the diameter from wall to wall was 23 feet 1 inch, the base of the fountain has 3 feet Dia.
Regards
Arif
Thank you sir. I stand corrected.
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

WOW Brigadier SB you shoud be able to keep some great fish in there.

I am formulating a guide to keeping koi in a Pakistan climate and will update as soon as I have collated all the accurate and relevant instructions.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

newton wrote:WOW Brigadier SB you shoud be able to keep some great fish in there.

I am formulating a guide to keeping koi in a Pakistan climate and will update as soon as I have collated all the accurate and relevant instructions.
Thank you.
Regards
Arif

Return to “Arbab's Garden”