RaspBerry

Gardener from Peshawar shares his Blooms

Moderator: Izhar

Sara Mehmood Ali
City: Rawalpindi

Re: RaspBerry

Post by Sara Mehmood Ali »

HI! I'm new here. I hope somebody sees this and replies.My father is suffering from acute rheumatoid arthritis. I learned that raspberry has strong anti inflammation properties. I need some help.I just want to know where i can get some raspberries in Pakistan. im even happy to learn gardening it! I live in Rawalpindi

Please arbab i hope you read this post.Hope you see this soon.I really need help guidance

Anybody else if know about raspberries please mail me.
rabia
City: gujranwala
Gardening Interests: Flowering bulbs,Succulents and Cacti,Kitchen gardening,Seasonal flowers ...etc

Post by rabia »

Sara Mehmood Ali wrote:HI! I'm new here. I hope somebody sees this and replies.My father is suffering from acute rheumatoid arthritis. I learned that raspberry has strong anti inflammation properties. I need some help.I just want to know where i can get some raspberries in Pakistan. im even happy to learn gardening it! I live in Rawalpindi

Please arbab i hope you read this post.Hope you see this soon.I really need help guidance

Anybody else if know about raspberries please mail me.
Sara i don't know anything about raspberrys effect in arthritis ,but I know for sure that aloe Vera juice and jell is quite effective in relieving inflammations in rheumatic arthritis.You can easily grow aloe Vera at home and it doesn't need much care.
Shazia
City: City
Gardening Interests: My kitchen garden

Post by Shazia »

ASA I googled raspberries in Pakistan and your page came up to the very top:) your bounty of raspberries is simply marvellous mashallah. Would you be kind enough to pass me a few clippings. I have been searching for raspberries here in Pakistan for a long time now. I canjust picture making jams and cakes with these :)
I'm willing to come to Peshawar from Islamabad. I'm making a kitchen garden soon and these canes will be the high point. Right now I have some lovely chocolate mint growing (makes marvellous ice creams and tea) I would love to bring you some too. Thanks and have a great day!
Arbab
City: Peshawar

Post by Arbab »

Sure why not
Tahir Khan
City: Rawalpindi
Gardening Interests: Cacti and Succulents, Annuals, Bulbous plants

Post by Tahir Khan »

Arbab wrote:Sure why not
Welcome back arbab sb, you have been away for quite some time :)
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

There are two types of raspberry. One that flowers and fruits on the previous seasons growth and one that fruits later but on the current seasons growth. I have both in the UK, finding the former to have the most sweetest fuller tasting fruit.
Arbab
City: Peshawar

Post by Arbab »

Thank u , tahir khan. :)
ranjhakom
City: MELBOURNE
Gardening Interests: INTRODUCE NEW WILD FRUIT PLANTS TO PAKISTAN

Post by ranjhakom »

Asalam Alaikum,
I live in Melbourne Australia and it is home of wild raspberries.
Wild raspberries are considered as weed in Melbourne.
Melbourne is extreme hot in summers reach up-to 47C* and in winters temp follows around 0C* to 12C*.
Wild raspberries are widely available at the banks of rivers and creeks and they spread well in that environment.
Mid of February is summer in Australia and is ideal weather for picking juicy and tasty raspberries.
This year I collected wild raspberries for seeds and plan to grow them around small creeks in F/7 and F/8 Islamabad and as well as at banks of Chahttar Park creek.
I hope within next couple of years you all and residents of Islamabad will be enjoy with tasty and juicy raspberries around these places at no cost.
I will be in Islamabad in April this year.
During my Islamabad visit please feel free to contact with me and pickup 5 healthy seeds at no cost.
newton
City: jhelum

Post by newton »

ranjhakom wrote:Asalam Alaikum,
I live in Melbourne Australia and it is home of wild raspberries.
Wild raspberries are considered as weed in Melbourne.
Melbourne is extreme hot in summers reach up-to 47C* and in winters temp follows around 0C* to 12C*.
Wild raspberries are widely available at the banks of rivers and creeks and they spread well in that environment.
Mid of February is summer in Australia and is ideal weather for picking juicy and tasty raspberries.
This year I collected wild raspberries for seeds and plan to grow them around small creeks in F/7 and F/8 Islamabad and as well as at banks of Chahttar Park creek.
I hope within next couple of years you all and residents of Islamabad will be enjoy with tasty and juicy raspberries around these places at no cost.
I will be in Islamabad in April this year.
During my Islamabad visit please feel free to contact with me and pickup 5 healthy seeds at no cost.

Berries are loaded with health benefits, largely because of their deep rich purple hue. Such dark fruits—like cherries, pomegranates, grapes, blueberries, etc—are often an indication of potent cancer-fighting resveratrol, polyphenols and anthocyanin. our native (white, snake and black) Mulberries are no exception and are now being marketed in the west as super health foods. We them on our own doorstep. There are also lots of other native wild berries available in Pakistan that are suitable for medicinal and consumption purposes including

Ribes alpestre
Ribes Orientale
Rubus anatolicus
Rubus ellipticus
Rubus hoffmeisterianus
Rubus irritons
Rubus macilantus
Rubus nivens

All of these are soft fruiting raspberry types grown locally and established in Pakistan. there are also two or three varieties of wild strawberry.

As gardeners we should be conscious that we don't intentionally or recklessly introduce foreign invasive plants that would displace our native flora or have a negative impact on the balance of nature for our environment. The introduction of a foreign aggressive plant may well wipe out many of the above, I personally would not appreciate it at all.

regards

Ifzal
khawajaumerilyas
City: lahore
Gardening Interests: fruit plants

Post by khawajaumerilyas »

Arbab wrote:well usof3375 i can gift u a raspberry plant, but the problem is its delivery to lahore, if u have plan to visit Peshawar then i can give u one plant
Regards
AOA Arbab Shb
I am at lahore,i have seen your post regarding ruspberry plant.is it possible for you to send me two small plants of ruspberry by daewoo bus cargo service to lahore.I will pay you for both plants and as well as daewoo charges.
Kindly let me know if it is possibe for you and also inform me about the total cost.
Thank you
Umer

Return to “Arbab's Garden”