garden whimsies

Moderator: Izhar

tweedle2009
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Re: garden whimsies

Post by tweedle2009 »

Izhar wrote:Sara, here is a sprouting Clematis I found in Diamond Nursery at Karsaz road, price is Rs.1500/-, one plant was blooming too!! its name is "Dr. Rupel"

Not again ... ahh ... not again. I sold these for rs 500/- hahahah...
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

Izhar wrote:lolz... the person over there told me to keep its roots cool by mulching, I wouldn't have posted it but the new sprout looked promising to me, hope it does well at your place..

I kept 3 with me , of one is Floria Sieboldii which was flowering the time khabbab visited.

I keep its roots well shaded by usin g a ground cover.Dnt know the name ... lanthra perhaps it is called.
Izhar
City: Karachi
Gardening Interests: Fragrant plants, shade gardening, bulbous plants, annuals

Post by Izhar »

@ Adnan: Now on I will post the prices directly to the concerned person so as to minimize you agony..... ;)

Alternanthera species are good ground covers..
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

Izhar wrote:@ Adnan: Now on I will post the prices directly to the concerned person so as to minimize you agony..... ;)

Alternanthera species are good ground covers..

So very kind of you Izhar :mrgreen: btw thanks for the correction.
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

@ Sara

I'd still recommend you to wait atleast a month because clematis are subject to die in June/July.
sara

Post by sara »

:D im waiting i went saw it gave it some loving and said my good byes ! then i went to the other shop sailors nursery and bought a hoya... really cute flowers on this one !! i love it !! , a venus fly trap , a pitcher plant and some pretty flowers !! i guess now i wont have to wait another 18 months for those seeds of mine to become big and beautiful !! ( i had bought seeds for carnivore plants from triffidnurseries.co.uk earlier this year ! )

so next on my list is clematis after you tell me how yours survives through the summers and the wistera after it blooms in winters and the daylilies when they are happier :) and yes im not mentioning anything about my 3 page list plant list with pictures !!
Sara
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

sara wrote::D im waiting i went saw it gave it some loving and said my good byes ! then i went to the other shop sailors nursery and bought a hoya... really cute flowers on this one !! i love it !! , a venus fly trap , a pitcher plant and some pretty flowers !! i guess now i wont have to wait another 18 months for those seeds of mine to become big and beautiful !! ( i had bought seeds for carnivore plants from triffidnurseries.co.uk earlier this year ! )

so next on my list is clematis after you tell me how yours survives through the summers and the wistera after it blooms in winters and the daylilies when they are happier :) and yes im not mentioning anything about my 3 page list plant list with pictures !!
A wise decision taken.Dr Ruppel bears 5-6 inch flowers and if clematis is younger it'll bear 2-3 inch flowers.What was the size of flower you saw there?I'll share my experience if my clematis does survive this summer.Still alive.

Hoya...I'd ask Izhar to send me a couple.Is your hoya fragrant?

I have a small list as well of unique plants that I plan to buy this august.A few are...

ammocharis
brunsvigia
Crinum macowanii
Dietes grandiflora
Eucomis autumnalis (1)
Haemanthus carneus
Kniphofia
moraea
nerine
tritonia
watsonia
Zantedeschia albomaculata
daubenya
Lachenalia aloides
Lachenalia bulbifera
Lachenalia viridiflora
massonia
Polyxena ensifolia
Veltheimia bracteata
oxalis
Geissorhiza radians

you shud check www.strangewonderfulthings.com
sara

Post by sara »

well to be honest the plant it self was about 13-15 inches in height , and had 1 flower about 1-2 inches and a few tiny buds.

you have to get the hoya its soo cute !! mine has 3 different coloured flowers ill post some pictures later ! the purple flower out of the 3 is giving off a very light fragrance the two lighter ones arent .. let you know if they do later.

wow this site has really awesome stuff !!
i guess thats another 2 pages of plants to add to my want list !

out of your list the best is Geissorhiza radians i think im gonna add that to mine as well !!

my mamu has oxalis i dont know where he got them from ill find out for you. and my friend gave me some nerine bulbs which he bought from Chanan Din Seeds in lahore i have planted them but they havent popped up yet .
Sara
tweedle2009
Donor
Donor

Post by tweedle2009 »

sara wrote:well to be honest the plant it self was about 13-15 inches in height , and had 1 flower about 1-2 inches and a few tiny buds.

you have to get the hoya its soo cute !! mine has 3 different coloured flowers ill post some pictures later ! the purple flower out of the 3 is giving off a very light fragrance the two lighter ones arent .. let you know if they do later.

wow this site has really awesome stuff !!
i guess thats another 2 pages of plants to add to my want list !

out of your list the best is Geissorhiza radians i think im gonna add that to mine as well !!

my mamu has oxalis i dont know where he got them from ill find out for you. and my friend gave me some nerine bulbs which he bought from Chanan Din Seeds in lahore i have planted them but they havent popped up yet .
Growing clematis is a complete science.Clematis are divided in three pruning groups so you have to find out the clematis you are growing belongs to group 1, 2 or 3.If pruning is not carried in the way it is required, clematis won't yield good results.
sara

Post by sara »

tweedle2009 wrote:
Izhar wrote:lolz... the person over there told me to keep its roots cool by mulching, I wouldn't have posted it but the new sprout looked promising to me, hope it does well at your place..

I kept 3 with me , of one is Floria Sieboldii which was flowering the time khabbab visited.

I keep its roots well shaded by usin g a ground cover.Dnt know the name ... lanthra perhaps it is called.
i just came across this article : http://www.finegardening.com/design/art ... matis.aspx
do go through it :)
Sara

Return to “Sara's Whimsical Garden”