Magic of Roses

Moderator: Izhar

UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Re: Magic of Roses

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Hmmm very nice Kaleem the Harry Wheatcroft is so beautiful.Harry really fascinates me when i stop & looking at the bush.Yes names are not that important.we should know what we have but not like that.after all we enjoy the beauty & our gardens are not botanical gardens ha ha ha.
Muhammad Arif Khan
Donor
Donor

Post by Muhammad Arif Khan »

I am looking for vase roses, long stems and long vase life having big bushes, that is where the name comes handy.
Kaleem
City: Islamabad
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Post by Kaleem »

Yes you all are right, for identification of a flower name is essential but I never run after names. I see a plant/flower and when that entered in my heart through my eyes...... it means I can do any thing for having that one.
Brig sb I also love cut flowers and fresh flowers change your mood even when these are in a room. Always cut small stems which are attached with the main stem of a rose flower.

How many of us who love cut flowers? Please share vase photos.
Attachments
m_038.jpg
Kaleem
aykhan
Donor
Donor
City: Lahore

Post by aykhan »

Beautiful. Interesting how some roses look best when in buds and others best when they open first day and still others when they are two or three days old. The older my Cloud Monet got the better it looked.
UMARKHANMARDAN
City: MARDAN

Post by UMARKHANMARDAN »

Hamad our region is best for roses.
Hamad
Donor
Donor
City: Wah Cantt
Gardening Interests: all kind of plants

Post by Hamad »

UMARKHANMARDAN wrote:Hamad our region is best for roses.
Umer I’m really looking forward to start roses because as I can see rose fever is rising among all the members and there is no secound thought about the beauty and satisfaction to have rose and recently I have discovered that I’m also infected with the virus of rose and the only treatment is to have some roses of my own, nowadays I’m away and waiting anxiously to go back and get my hands dirty and roses will be on my list this time and that will be the time when I will trouble you ;) , khan sb we use to have roses my mother fancy them but later because of moving from one place to another we couldn’t maintain them but now we have better verities available in the market and I will swipe my hand on most of them ;) .

Hamad
PrOud tO BE Oo92
KBW
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Roses, Plants in natural habitat, native plants, landscaping

Post by KBW »

Some beautiful roses and excellent photography. Munir sb, could you PM the pics to me along with names. I would like to put them in our rose database. If you don't know the names, no problem. Just PM the pics (as many as you can). It would be great if you write a few lines too about the performance of a particular rose "as you saw it".

Thanks a lot in anticipation :)
Kaleem
Gardening Interests: Annual, Tropical and Bulbous plants

Post by Kaleem »

KBW Sahib
Is this for me or for Munir sb?
Kaleem
Munir
Donor
Donor
Gardening Interests: Ornamental Plants,Vines,Annuals,Herbs,Veggies & Fruit Trees.
New Love: Roses & Lilies

Post by Munir »

Kaleem wrote:KBW Sahib
Is this for me or for Munir sb?
I think it is not meant for me.I don't have a good collection in roses,either in number or quality.Just have 16 roses including 3 standard, which are presently not much presentable; while the older ones have overgrown,the younger ones ( one year old) are still struggling to survive.Hopefully, the interest having been revived by reading the posts/Databank & viewing beautiful pictures,lately from Rafique Sb, I ll have something to present coming season.However, I don't understand why Rafique Sb's roses even now look so healthy & flowers so full sized & beautiful, when my roses don't look that fresh & the flowers are shrunk & faded? What is the secret, Rafique Sb?
rafique
City: Lahore
Gardening Interests: Roses

Post by rafique »

Munir wrote:What is the secret, Rafique Sb?
[/quote]
Love,Care and Prayer.:)
Rafique

Return to “A Collector Gardener Mr.Kaleem”